Wayne La Pierre Resigns

I was a member for quite a while, but honestly it got so I couldn't even sit down with my family for dinner without the NRA calling for a donation. Finally, I said Hey quit paying all of these ridiculous salaries and start using our membership fees, they would make an excuse - I quit and don't plan on going back. They should have fired him years ago!

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
When was the last time the NRA got behind an issue and really pushed? '86 FOPA? Did they back Heller, MacDonald, Bruen...? What about the HPA, which should have been a slam dunk? Or did the NRA, at Waynes direction, fight against these cases?

WLP tried his damnedest to make sure that nothing got done because that would kill his golden goose. And I don't just mean his wardrobe.

Especially now in light of Bruen, virtually every gun control on the books should easily be struck down.

I share the frustration with WLP, and I glad he is finally gone. That said, the NRA 100% funded the Bruen litigation, and we have them to thank for it. I am an NRA lifer, but I have not sent them money in many years. These days my money goes to FPC, but credit where credit is due on Bruen.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I am glad he's finally gone. The only reason I stayed in the NRA was that my range required it for insurance, I don't think they do anymore as they have a different way for insurance. I bought a five year member about four years ago if I can rememebr so they keep sending me the FINAL notice of renewing. Not renewing unless they get back to their roots and just causes. Sad to watch what happened to the organization.

2531usmc

WKR
You know, I think Ducks Unlimited went through something like this. Ther leadership spent huge sums of money on themselves and a fancy headquarters building instead of conservative . Basically, broke the organization

once they replaced the leadership, they turned themselves around and seem to be moving forward

Lifetime member here as well as everyone in my immediate and extended family. I think this will end up being a great thing. I don’t see a down side to this honestly.

“A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.” 2nd Amendment, United States Constitution, ratified on December 15, 1791.

Encouraging news! Here’s to new leadership continuing to support our Bill of Rights. God Bless America…

Q child

WKR
Wasn't he like cartoonishly corrupt? I don't remember the details, but there was some crazy allegations a while back.

BBob

WKR
Wasn't he like cartoonishly corrupt? I don't remember the details, but there was some crazy allegations a while back.
Pretty much. Quite the lavish lifestyle. Wife was in on the big spending too. Hair, outfits, travel, etc… You just about name it they were spending on it. Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous

Wayne eventually built his retirement by selling out the core values of the Membership. Typical Northern Virginia political shell game....Nothing to see here.

lhbackcountry

Lil-Rokslider
Our range requires membership to nra as well as general hunting license and safety course ( pretty standard) but I will be curious if they keep that enforced afterwards..

49ereric

WKR
17 million dollar contract if he resigned supposedly 😆 so I read.
i got a free membership @40 years ago but never signed up past that cuz it looked a scam. Talk big and sell fear but send em money.