Wayne La Pierre Resigns

mi650

WKR
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wayne-lapierre-announces-resignation-nra-chief

After all this time, not sure I can ever forgive the NRA. Benefactor Life member, and I bought Life memberships for my wife, son, daughter, and daughter-in-law. I used to send quarterly donations to the ILA. 10/2/17, I sent an extra donation.

After WLP told Trump to ban bumpstocks, I put a stop payment on the check I'd just sent. Then, ordered some tar & feathers from Amazon and had them delivered to WLP & Chris Cox!

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
I'm a member, GOA too. Also a life member of The Madison Foundation, The 2nd Amendment Foundation, and American Suppressor Association.

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
Life Member here. I pissed that money away for WLP’s luxury lifestyle.

Dont know what the NRA will look like once the NY progressives are through with it, but hopefully they will focus on our constitutional rights.
I was at the convention when the news started coming out about just how corrupt WLP is, Dallas 2018 I think? Anyway, the few honorable board members were trying to get some bylaws changed to take away WLPs stranglehold on the NRA, but they lost and got squashed by TPTB.

Briefly met Col. West, shook his hand and thanked him for his efforts, had more in-depth conversations with a couple other board members, both then at the convention and afterwards. Without dramatic changes, the NRA is dead.

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
I think Oliver North tried to fight the good fight. Never knew the details, but that was my sense
Yep, he did. But the president is just a figurehead. Good old Wayne arranged for all the power to be vested in the Executive VP office, then got himself the job for life.

Rich M

WKR
@Glockster26 - NRA is the only organization that buys off and subdues politicians. You and folks like you did more damage to the organization in the past couple of years. If we lose ground it lies on you-guys' head, not NRA. NY has gone after Trump and NRA, who's next?

Here we had a guy in charge of the largest 2nd Amendment org (5 million members at one point) who has to deal with politicians and others of a sort - He was also responsible for generating tons of memberships and funding.

Good Will pays million$ to their CEO. Where's the outrage? Eh, it's just charity stuff, not important stuff like bitching about a guy's suit who dedicated his life to fighting for our rights.

I did see GOA mentioned in the news a few times 2022/2023 and NRA seemed to raise its head a little in 2023 after the beat down.

I'm a lifer. Find it funny that guys got into such a tizzy. But we all have our buttons.

Be interesting to see where it goes from here.

Kenn

Lil-Rokslider
For a bit of a wake up call read the book Misfire, all on the operations of the NRA. Yes, I know it's written by anti-gun commies and all, but fact check it and draw your own conclusions. They've been very effective at protecting us from the fear they create. I used to be a member but I don't want any part of what they've become.

I'm not happy with the things that took place with the NRA in recent years. But I agree, we need all the help we can get. Especially political help that can actually manage politicians and their votes. Like him or not, WLP is gone now. Let's hope the NRA comes back stronger than ever and doubles down on focusing on gun rights.

Yoder

WKR
I've come to the conclusion that I don't care. I don't need any gun rights organization and I could care less what laws or bans are passed. I will not comply. I'm not modifying magazines, guns or selling my gun back to people I never bought it from in the first place. They will never stop until all guns are banned. I believe both parties want this. Republicrats just pretend to be on our side to give us all the illusion we have a chance to change things while they do absolutely nothing.

NRA life benefactor member too. Used to donate annually. I stopped it all when the stuff came out about how $ was going into leadership pockets. I get it, you want top quality people at the helm and you have to pay them, but it got way out of hand. Struggled with wanting to support the mission but not the corruption and graft. Sad to see something so important and potentially beneficial to the 2A crowd be derailed for so long. The NY state lawsuits are a costly distraction and a self inflicted wound IMO. I will Wait to see where they go from here before i would consider donating again.

Last edited:

TaperPin

WKR
Lol
I used a few bad words and Poof my message disappeared.
The NRA used to promote hunting, conservation and marksmanship. What do they do now?

Standing up for shootings by nuts and suicidal aholes does damage to the reputation that just gets worse, and management just doubles down until stupidity comes out of their mouths.

Split off a new organization that stands up for the old priorities and we can all get behind - let the guys who waste everyone’s time trying to explain away mass shootings do their own thing.

OP
mi650

mi650

WKR
When was the last time the NRA got behind an issue and really pushed? '86 FOPA? Did they back Heller, MacDonald, Bruen...? What about the HPA, which should have been a slam dunk? Or did the NRA, at Waynes direction, fight against these cases?

WLP tried his damnedest to make sure that nothing got done because that would kill his golden goose. And I don't just mean his wardrobe.

Especially now in light of Bruen, virtually every gun control on the books should easily be struck down.

CorbLand

WKR
When was the last time the NRA got behind an issue and really pushed? '86 FOPA? Did they back Heller, MacDonald, Bruen...? What about the HPA, which should have been a slam dunk? Or did the NRA, at Waynes direction, fight against these cases?

WLP tried his damnedest to make sure that nothing got done because that would kill his golden goose. And I don't just mean his wardrobe.

Especially now in light of Bruen, virtually every gun control on the books should easily be struck down.
This is pretty much my feelings with the NRA. They had record membership and yet I still watched my rights get stripped more and more.