Water Bladder Refill Pump

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Weathered out plane isn't taking off in 50+ knt winds so stranded in the town of Kodiak...hope to get out tomorrow.

I've found the sawyer filters work great if you have a decent sized creek, but if you're hunting high and all you have to work with is a seep it can be tough to find water deep enough to dip your bag in. The pump is a lot easier in this case as you have to resort to creating a dam or digging a bigger hole in which case you get your water dirty.
I'm using the Kifaru EMR II this year and I've been carrying my water in one of the side tubes and I'm thinking about putting a grommet in the bottom of the pocket where my hose exits the bag. My intent is to not have to take my bag out of the pack but rather just use the quick disconnect that will be on the outside of the grommeted pocket. Has anyone else tried this. Is it foolish?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Pop the end off the bite valve, snap the hiker pro to it, and pump the bladder full. No removal of the bladder.

^^^^^This. Just leave the filter in the Hiker Pro and pump clean or dirty water to get it in the bladder. Takes less than a minute to fill my 3L Camelback and never have to remove it from the pouch. Only way to roll.