Any way you all found to get the rubber taste out of water bladder

Luked

WKR
Got a new Water Bladder to try this year but looking for some ideas to possibly get the rubber taste out of it.
Any of you all got any good ideas?

Can't remember exactly what I did (I know I didn't use bleach), but it was either a combination of baking soda and lemon, or baking soda and vinegar.. several websites say both of them work well.

What brand of bladder? I used to have some that I never could get the taste out of them I started buying the Platypus stuff. I never used baking soda but used a lot of other stuff including the cleaning tabs sold specifically for bladders. I give the Platypus a rinse with water and fill them up and can't taste anything off.

feanor

WKR
3 tomatillos, 1 green jalapeño, cilantro, onions and a pinch of salt.

I think vinegar works pretty well in all seriousness.

Qholum37

Lil-Rokslider
I have used baking soda and water before with some success shaking it around and rinsing. I agree with what was said above about Platypus, never had issues with those.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've never noticed any rubber taste with my Camelbak, and I've been using it for the past 17 years. But I do use a little bleach with water to rinse it out every year.

Once the algae starts to form in the bag and the tube, you won’t notice that taste anymore. It really goes away in the winter once the hose freezes up. Dumped that long ago for 2 Nalgene bottles.

Wrongside

WKR
Maybe try a different bladder. Like Source Tactical. No bad taste and very durable. With an inline Sawyer or Rapid Pure, they’ve become our go to.

I quit the bad tasting hydration bladders a long time ago. Not worth the hassle when there are other options out there.

mod7rem

FNG
Take a felt marker and put a large “P” on it. Then use it in the middle of the night to pee in so you don’t have to crawl out of the tent.
Remember to buy a new one that’s a different color to drink from that hopefully won’t have a rubber taste.

Rocko99

FNG
What particular bladder? The material matters. PU material is the worst offender. I have had good luck with soaking bladder, bag with 2 generic denture cleaning tablets/Liter capacity, overnight. Rinse well and see if that clears the taste-repeat as needed.