Watch out fellas...there's a new hunter in the woods!

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
Took the family for a little hike this weekend and my boy decided to gear up to match Dad. He packed his bow I made him with some suction cup arrows! I Was glassing a ridge for bears and he decided to join in! Packed a sword as well ::cool: Can't wait to get him into the woods with me in a few years!

Climber

FNG
Looks like a hardcore hunter in the making right there.... Don't underestimate the power of the Nerf sword. My 8 yr old whacked me one time in the knee when I wasn't looking about just about took me to the ground!

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awesome! Way to get him started young, he should make a fine partner for you in a few years!

Zbowman1

WKR
Sometimes you have to leave it to kids to simply things for us. I am going sword only this year as well. Its a reliable weapon with know moving parts. Plus it doubles as a skinning, gutting tool. This helps keep pack weight down. In the future I plan on getting into long range sword hunting (O' wait, that a spear). Anyways.....

Sorry bro, couldn't resist. Congrats on have an awesome future hunting partner.

Kids are cool!

My buddies boy is about the same age. I asked him if he was going to let him play football. His response was, "Hell no! If he plays football how is he going to learn to gut an elk?" :)

sdr

FNG
That is great. If he is like my son he will be shooting bigger animals than you in no time. It was cute at first but now it just pisses me off. I love every second of it.

OP
jdmdavey

jdmdavey

Lil-Rokslider
I hope he takes to it! He seems to really enjoy everything about it..He BEGS and PLEADS with me to let him go..I hate saying no but hes just too young yet. I'm planning on taking him out a little bit during late archery here locally and see what he thinks. I just don't want to make the mistake of pushing him too hard and end up having him hate hunting...I'm trying to be somewhat subtle still and hope he finds the joy and satisfaction in it that I do. I want to share my passion with him SO badly, but my wife always reminds me to let him choose, otherwise, I will push him down other avenues.

Randle

WKR
Thats is very cool. A sternum strap for a waistbelt that is classic, tiny buckle and all , just his size.