Wastach west scouting

bosox2850

FNG
I'm not in any means asking for a basin or drainage to hunt, I will not have a tag this year. But me and my buddy are new to western hunting we have only hunted whitetails in eastern states such as Ohio, Kentucky, WV, and NC. So I didn't want to just get a tag and go. We both have preference points in Utah for general deer, we will be in Utah the 2nd week of August to back pack/scout in the Wasatch. I've had a few tips that turned into everyone at this business seems to know how to access where I told you might be a good place to start lol... I'm just looking for general directions, an area I don't care if it's 100 square miles. I just need us a starting location to park and go from there. We are trying to learn this trip and find deer to glass. I'm more than happy for anyone who will have that tag this year to return the favor and send pics of deer we find and tell you where we found them. It's a long season no guarantees he would still be there next year when we return. Any help would appreciated pm me if you wouldn't want to post it publicly. Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd go a couple days before the opener and scout and try and sit on some deer till the opener. You will have company. That is area is hunted hard early and late going the second week will limit the deer you find.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
bosox2850

bosox2850

FNG
I'd go a couple days before the opener and scout and try and sit on some deer till the opener. You will have company. That is area is hunted hard early and late going the second week will limit the deer you find.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood or I typed it wrong, I'm going the 2 week of August not the 2nd week of the season. The season opens the 20th.