Washing WM puma GWS. Should I do it?

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had this bag for a few years and after prob 100-125 nights in it, mostly car camping, the backside has lost its loft and its maybe a bit dirty.
I’m going back and forth on if I want to wash it or not.
My main concern is that I have a standard size front loading dryer and I’m afraid there’s not enough room in there for the big bastard to loft up as it drys.
Worse case scenario, I could start drying it and if it doesn’t seem to be lofting up I could always just take it to one of the big dryers at the laundromat.
But I don’t want to go there because I’m lazy.

Has anyone had any success drying a bag like this at home in a standard size dryer?
Would you guys try to wash is or just run it another winter?

Thanks for any help!

OP
D

Douglasr

Lil-Rokslider
Obviously I’ve got the down detergent and I know to turn the bag inside out.
I’ve washed my puffy coat and smaller down bag with success, but I’m just really wondering if my dryer’s big enough for the -25* bag? 🤷‍♂️

Wrench

WKR
Don't do it. Take it to a laundromat or wait it out. The small dryer can catch the fabric and pinch burn it.....BTDT.

Maki35

WKR
Don't wash it at home if it doesn't fit in your machine. Landromats have bigger machines.

I'll wash/dry my king size comforter at the laundromat because they have larger machines. Water circulates better and drys better in a bigger machine. Not crammed in.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I’ve had this bag for a few years and after prob 100-125 nights in it, mostly car camping, the backside has lost its loft and its maybe a bit dirty.
I’m going back and forth on if I want to wash it or not.
My main concern is that I have a standard size front loading dryer and I’m afraid there’s not enough room in there for the big bastard to loft up as it drys.
Worse case scenario, I could start drying it and if it doesn’t seem to be lofting up I could always just take it to one of the big dryers at the laundromat.
But I don’t want to go there because I’m lazy.

Has anyone had any success drying a bag like this at home in a standard size dryer?
Would you guys try to wash is or just run it another winter?

Thanks for any help!
I would send it to Rainy Pass Repair in Seattle and have them wash it. Money well spent on peace of mind. They do it on a daily basis.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk