Want to try Wilderness Athlete but Seriously?

Clarktar

WKR
I pour a 16 oz Rockstar, and a 16 oz AMP on a cookie sheet. I then stick that in the oven at low temp until all liquid is gone and you are left with a white residue. I then take this and pour it onto a glass table where I chop it up, exteremly fine. I then take a 1 inch piece of straw, clamp and melt on end so it is sealed, pour in 1 gram of powder, then clamp and melt the other end. This ensures no moisture will degrade my product while in the field. When I need a boost, I simply cut on end, insert in nose, snort, and BAM. A quick hit of pure energy.

MatSuDano

FNG
I pour a 16 oz Rockstar, and a 16 oz AMP on a cookie sheet. I then stick that in the oven at low temp until all liquid is gone and you are left with a white residue. I then take this and pour it onto a glass table where I chop it up, exteremly fine. I then take a 1 inch piece of straw, clamp and melt on end so it is sealed, pour in 1 gram of powder, then clamp and melt the other end. This ensures no moisture will degrade my product while in the field. When I need a boost, I simply cut on end, insert in nose, snort, and BAM. A quick hit of pure energy.

Hahaha Nice! There was this sketchy lookin' dude outside the bar trying to sell me some of that stuff a couple weeks ago. Too expensive for me!

Last edited:

sdr

FNG
They do have a 10 day challenge pack for for $20. That is 10 of each energy and hydrate, their multivitamin and a ball cap. I will be taking the individual packets on my Alberta Sheep hunt this weekend. I have been using the products for a few years and they do work well. When you are worn down while hunting hard the mixture of both the energy and Hydrate together really seem to help out.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I found this awesome thing that really really works to keep you hydrated . You guys should try it, it's called water and it's just laying around all over in the mountains ;)

Ya, that's the stuff you pour the WA into. Or I guess for some they could just snort it and see what it does. Like I've said before.........it may all be in my head, but I'm more than willing to pay that little bit for what it does for me, in my head or not.

littlebuf

Banned
But if I put this stuff in my water I won't be able to taste the elk piss. So that's no fun

You described that process waaaay to well......lol.

Seriously though water works great. If you can't stand the taste, there are cheaper alternatives to WA.

OP
MAT

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
They do have a 10 day challenge pack for for $20. That is 10 of each energy and hydrate, their multivitamin and a ball cap. I will be taking the individual packets on my Alberta Sheep hunt this weekend.

Where did you see that? It's $40 + $10 shipping, and that's at 10% off! -

http://wildernessathlete.com/shop/product-packages/10-day-challenge/

So I get 10 packs of H&R (which is what I want to try) for $5 each. I don't want to buy a tub of something that I might not like the taste of. I also don't need that much so there is the shelf life issue.

Browtine

WKR

LJ Buck

WKR
Looks like a good Multi Vitamin with some added Glutamine. Just pop a multi and buy some glutamine if you want a supp for recovery.

njdoxie

WKR
I've been using both for 8 months, doesn't seem to do much....I notice a little pickup from the Energy drink....I don't think I'll buy anymore, it's expensive

Bughalli

WKR
I haven't tried Wilderness Athlete, but I have to imagine it's the same as many of the other athlete drink supplements. I've done a decent number of triathlons and long distance cycling. The drinks definitely have a positive impact if your sweating a lot or really pushing your body. Fewer cramps, faster recovery and more energy. I always liked Cytomax the best. Citris flavor. Little sweet, so I go half strength. I don't like the taste of most of them, so it's good to experiment to make sure you like it. I would start with small containers first. See if you like it and how your body feels when it's in your stomach. Some feel better than others. Everyone is different. Many bike shops sell these drinks, REI has some, Performance bike, etc. it often goes on sale and you might not need to pay shipping. I've taken it hunting many times just to switch up flavors, as water from a bottle can taste pretty crappy day after day.

hntnnut

Lil-Rokslider
Ok this stuffs got me interested. I've been using Squencher because its sugar free, is WA sugar free? I need to watch it due to my Diabetes.

Richard

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
here is the nutrition facts

Attachments

• Hydrate-Recover-Nutritional.jpg
    Hydrate-Recover-Nutritional.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 82
  • energy-and-focus.jpg
    energy-and-focus.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 70

mattm94

FNG
Looks like fancy and expensive EmergenC, which is available just about anywhere, in lots of different flavors. It also doesn't have caffeine, which is counterproductive to hydration.

Buy a box of packets from you local store for $6-8 and rock on.

KMD

Banned
Used WA last year and noticed a benefit from it. I also bring along a MIO Energy mix, to squirt into my carry bottle for a quick shot of go juice, as needed.

This year, my partner is bringing some some AquaGen drops for our hunt. He's experimented with it a few times, and seems to feel it might help acclimatize quicker. Going from 160ft ASL to 11K camp, imma sure give it a shot...

Should add, I wean myself off all caffeine drinks a few weeks before a highcountry hunt. Then, a cup of green tea with a Honey Stinger in it, along with breakfast, really gets me going in the AM!