Want to hunt feral hogs

Does anyone have a line on a family or friend or themselves with some feral hogs that I could hunt with my Bow we don't really have any kind of real feral population of them here in Michiganand I'm thankful. But I'd really like to travel and fill a couple coolers with pork and it seems like alot of people would be happy to have them gone. Looking to archery hunt please p.m me with any leads I want to plan something!!! Feel free to pass my number along even 989 402 7154
- John

OP
Bighunt531
Florida does not require a license, there is no size or bag limit or even wanton waste regulations. The state is overrun and they want em dead. But hunting the palmettos is uh...electrifying. You can kick up 100 pigs by accident.
Sounds like something fun to do in winter!!!! Now I just need to meet someone who will share the inside scoop and plan something I've never even been to flordia been out west hunting but never flordia I'm looking to network and find a place to hunt with a bow pigs are pigs I sure as hell don't want to pay to shoot them with an outfitter when places are over run with them, I'm looking for someone with a ranch or something with feeders or something for deer that draws pigs who wants pigs that show up gone, that way I'd have a better chance at filling a couple coolers with pork for my 6 dollar a gallon gas trip for feral hog plus I think a boar euro with nice cutters would be cool!

WoodBow

WKR
LostArra is correct. Few people are so annoyed by them that they will let a stranger wander around on their property.

Texas has plenty of public land that you will find success on. Look for wma's that have a "season" for pigs in the spring. Those places are where we have found the most success. The strategy we employed was simply boot leather.

wytx

WKR
So you want feeders but not pay an outfitter?
Sorry but most landowners want something to help offset the damage done by hogs, it does have a cost to repair fields, etc. and that corn in the feeders is expensive this year.
Many ranches offer hog hunts but you'll pay unless you know someone.

Florida may work for you on public land. Texas will be a pay hunt.

Kryos73

FNG
Florida does not require a license, there is no size or bag limit or even wanton waste regulations. The state is overrun and they want em dead. But hunting the palmettos is uh...electrifying. You can kick up 100 pigs by accident.
I got plenty of flyer miles and a bow itching to stick something. Hmmm, I'm gonna have to look more into this. Thank you!

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You can look into coastal central California. Paso Robles area. I have taken several nice Russian boars there. Everything in the area is private but you can find many guides who hunt the ranches. Last I looked you can expect to pay anywhere from $750 up for a two day hunt. Most are guaranteed hunts. You will get a fair shot at a hog or return trip is free. I have used Nessen Schmidt out of King City. He hunts upward of 55,000 acres. I forgot to add, these are all fair chase hunts, no hunting over food plants or stand hunts. You will be hunting out of jeeps or trucks until game is located then on foot.

Last edited:

Kryos73

FNG
I lived in Central Florida for 16 years and I never hunted any public land that
was "overrun" with them. Are they there? Yes, but not like many people depict.
Flathead, I am starting to research various WMA's over there. Is there any one that you would recommend over others? Thank you.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is only for private land....and good luck obtaining permission with Florida's liability laws.

I know that on the WMAs you need a license, and there are seasons and bag limits.

Good luck

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
I have a group of 4 hunters that come to my farm and a buddy's farm in West Texas. We have the hogs coming in very well prior. I believe we have 8-10 setups for archery. Most of those sets have rifle stands on them. We do allow hunters to use thermals and IR, but we try to push that toward their last day or so. All feeders have green motions lights running. Also cameras are running months before arrival to show the group. We recommend 6pm- Midnight. Gives the hunters time to rest, shoot bow, eat, and plan for the evening hunt.

Pricing and expectations:
Group discount of 4 will run 185$ a night. 1 to 2 persons will be 225$ per day per person, minimum of 4 days. This is hunting. Not some high fence operation. We do not guarantee kills. With that said, we have a group of 4 from OHIO that has made the trip the last 5 years and will be back again in the spring of 2023. This group was found on a hunting forum like this one. Typically the week before will watch what the wind is doing and make adjustments on stand placement. We usually drop hunters off the first day or so then its up to them to find the gate and make it to and from the stand. We do come out to help load kills. There is a small comfy cabin that is affordable (65$ per night) and sleeps 8 I believe? It has a wood stove and AC and bathroom and small kitchenet with a sink and microwave/grill. Also for a bonus, we have access to a 1300 acre ranch for predator control. So these hunters with some free time will be able predator hunt. I will not be booking until January after deer season is complete. We would like to take one more group on maybe two. This would be a great father/son trip.

February, March, April, May

Let me know how many in group, time frame, and Ill get you on the list and give you a call January. Any questions just let me know.

This is east of Lubbock of the Caprock.

Thanks

Dan

CJohnson

WKR
I have a group of 4 hunters that come to my farm and a buddy's farm in West Texas. We have the hogs coming in very well prior. I believe we have 8-10 setups for archery. Most of those sets have rifle stands on them. We do allow hunters to use thermals and IR, but we try to push that toward their last day or so. All feeders have green motions lights running. Also cameras are running months before arrival to show the group. We recommend 6pm- Midnight. Gives the hunters time to rest, shoot bow, eat, and plan for the evening hunt.

Group discount of 4 will run 185$ a night. 1 to 2 persons will be 225$ per day per person, minimum of 4 days. This is hunting. Not some high fence operation. We do not guarantee kills. With that said, we have a group of 4 from OHIO that has made the trip the last 5 years and will be back again in the spring of 2023. This group was found on a hunting forum like this one. Typically the week before will watch what the wind is doing and make adjustments on stand placement. We usually drop hunters off the first day or so then its up to them to find the gate and make it to and from the stand. We do come out to help load kills. There is a small comfy cabin that is affordable (65$ per night) and sleeps 8 I believe? It has a wood stove and AC and bathroom and small kitchenet with a sink and microwave/grill. Also for a bonus, we have access to a 1300 acre ranch for predator control. So these hunters with some free time will be able predator hunt. I will not be booking until January after deer season is complete. We would like to take one more group on maybe two. This would be a great father/son trip.

Let me know how many in group, time frame, and Ill get you on the list and give you a call January. Any questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dan
I don’t think you’ll find a better deal than this. I see hogs a lot on WMAs where I am in upstate SC, but I don’t think I would say it’s comparable to hunting over feeders.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is only for private land....and good luck obtaining permission with Florida's liability laws.

I know that on the WMAs you need a license, and there are seasons and bag limits.

Good luck
Here's the law:

I own an ADC company and have been paid to shoot hogs on golf courses at night with a bow. They don't wanna upset the surrounding residents who pay $250K/yr for membership dues. Opening an ADC company is easy and a great way to gain access to prime hunting areas. I offer services for free in exchange for trespassing permission during hunting season when i have a tag. Done this in multiple states. You need an agreement signed. print some business card, get a magnetic sign and embroidered shirt & cap, FBN and you are in business. You can even write off expenses.

sampleadcform.png

Last edited:
Landowners who complain about hogs are very similar to landowners who complain about elk. You can hunt them.....for a price.
True ‘dat. You’ll hear the farmers complain about the millions they loose. But, you tell one of them you’d be happy to come kill some and he’s going to tell you $500 for the first hog, $250 for those that follow. And$ 125 cleanup fee per hog to use his water hose in the barn while you butcher it.

It’s their land. I respect their right to say no to a person requesting permission to hunt. But, if they’d find themselves a couple dozen folk that would come every year and kill 5-10 apiece, their hog problem would all but go away. But, that ain’t going to happen at the prices they charge. So, the hogs thrive instead.

I’ve said it before, the farmers need to spare the BS about all the damage the pigs do until they help themselves by returning the favor. The best way to do that is having people willing to shoot ever hog they see right in the face. And, the best way to do that is openly invite and help those people accomplish it without limiting the amount of hogs they’ll be willing to kill. With limiting high fees.

Before anyone flames my backside for being so frank about the situation, look at what happens when you attach a hunting value to hunting species. No animal that creates problems of the proportion that hogs do, hasn’t already been killed to extinction. However, every animal on the planet that requires a few to hunt and kill, is thriving or protected to ensure hunting numbers of them exist. It’s the monetary value placed on the hog by the same farmers claiming to want them decimated, that is ensuring it never happens.

Life has its nuisances. Poor farmers. Yeah right.

Last edited:

GSPHUNTER

WKR
True ‘dat. You’ll hear the farmers complain about the millions they loose. But, you tell one of them you’d be happy to come kill some and he’s going to tell you $500 for the first hog, $250 for those that follow. And$ 125 cleanup fee per hog to use his water hose in the barn while you butcher it.

It’s their land. I respect their right to say no to a person requesting permission to hunt. But, if they’d find themselves a couple dozen folk that would come every year and kill 5-10 apiece, their hog problem would all but go away. But, that ain’t going to happen at the prices they charge. So, the hogs thrive instead.

I’ve said it before, the farmers need to spare the BS about all the damage the pigs do until they help themselves by returning the favor. The best way to do that is having people willing to shoot ever hog they see right in the face. And, the best way to do that is openly invite and help those people accomplish it without limiting the amount of hogs they’ll be willing to kill. With limiting high fees.

Before anyone flames my backside for being so frank about the situation, look at what happens when you attach a hunting value to hunting species. No animal that creates problems of the proportion that hogs do, hasn’t already been killed to extinction. However, every animal on the planet that requires a few to hunt and kill, is thriving or protected to ensure hunting numbers of them exist. It’s the monetary value placed on the hog by the same farmers claiming to want them decimated, that is ensuring it never happens.

Life has its nuisances. Poor farmers. Yeah right.
First and foremost, ranchers and farmers are business men.

280Ackley

WKR

Thanks

Dan
PM sent