• Dango M1

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Ridge

Votes: 17 85.0%

• Total voters

tony

WKR
I'm still old school leather.
I've got this leather bi fold slightly bigger than a credit card, with an outside slot for cash. Can't find another on like it.
I'll cry when it finally falls apart

kpk

WKR
Most of the hard wallets have RFID blocking built in.

Yeah, but this is largely a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Losing a contactless card is far more likely.

I like my Grip6. I also bought their leather cover to go over it. I don’t carry much cash but when I do I just fold it up and slide it into one of the extra card slots on the leather cover.

yfarm

WKR
Use a cordura smallet from Duluth, no longer made but they sell the same thing in leather. Cards and cash,front pocket,never go back to the rear pocket wallet

Looking between the dango M1 maverick and Ridge Titanium.

Old trifold is getting a little worn and bothers my backside more than it used to.
Anyone have any experience with either ?
I went to a flipside this summer after working in 100+ degree weather for too long, and my bifold was giving me a bad rash every day in that heat… I’m liking the flipside, only non traditional wallet I have tried, but I’m a fan

Took a little getting used to, but now like it way better

GR1NCH11

FNG
I have a ridge wallet, I like it. Carries cards well and fits comfortably in the front pocket.
Biggest draw back is you can't carry much cash. Anything more than a few bills makes it sit funny in pockets.

I prefer a good old fashioned leather bifold from Saddleback Leather Co.
4dcb00a290693a3f6b250b6a53687b2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LuvDog

FNG
I've been a front pocket guy for a very long time. Cash is in a clamp and minimal wallet for cards.
I don't get the hard wallets though. They add bulk and that defeats the purpose.

Plenty of just plain leather or synthetic card holders that add almost zero bulk.

Loper

WKR
Over time I’ve gone from a thick bi-fold with a lot of cards and crap in it, to a simple leather minimalist wallet. Then I realized I never have a reason to carry cash and pretty much only need my CC and DL. All the other junk I used to carry like insurance cards and membership cards, I can just take a picture of and save on my phone in a “wallet” album. A while back I switched to a hard case on my phone where the back slide open and I can insert a few cards. I always have my phone and have one less thing to keep in my pockets and worry about grabbing off my dresser or losing somewhere. If I could figure out a way to eliminate my car key it would be even more simplistic/minimalist.

Megalodon

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any options like Ridge etc. that DON'T have RFID blocking or have a way to remove it? That's the most worthless feature ever invented that no one needs. All it does is make me have to take my company ID out to badge in every day.

I had a Ridge from their initial offering, was great until like 5 (?) years in when it started eating the mag strip on my CCs. I didn't change how I used it, not sure if the straps loosened and allowed friction or what, but it was a pain in the ass.

Margoot

FNG
Ive had my Ridge wallet for almost 2 1/2 years now and havent had any problems. I got it with the money clip and use that to clip it to my pants pocket. Works great for what I need.