Wall Tent Lighting

jhm2023

WKR
I use a Streamlight super siege in my 12x12 arctic oven. At 1,100 lumens it's more than adequate brightness and a 10,400 mah battery it will last an entire weeklong hunt. It's fairly small and light compared to a Coleman type lantern. It doesn't whistle like a propane Coleman and doesn't stink like a white gas Coleman. Plus, it doubles as a battery bank to charge devices in a pinch.

gman82001

WKR
The only correct answer for a canvas wall tent is at least one but better yet 2 Coleman fuel lanterns

MHWASH

WKR
I use a Coleman lantern, but prefer a LED lantern, Duracell makes a nice one @Costco. Last year I used a strip of LED also, but didn't care for it too much.

LED light strip that runs of aa batteries, like my kids use for there bedroom...get one with a remote. I got a piece of clear tubing and pulled the strip thru..I just zip tie the tubing to the ridge pole. Nice to be able to turn the lights off and on from your cot.

Seeknelk

WKR
I've went to a Milwaukee M18 lantern. A 12 amp battery lasts nearly the full week, with long evenings/early nights.
Clicking a button is just too convenient when ya get up to stock the fire or pee. Can adjust the brightened level.
At night I set it on the ground by my cot for ease and keeping from waking others.

Mattyq17

Lil-Rokslider
Coleman lantern and a DeWalt light is what we used in 2021. This year we have a bigger tent and will have a couple Coleman lanterns (I just love the sound they put off, reminds me of camping as a kid) and a Milwaukee M18 lantern. I have some 8-amp, 5- amp, and 3-amp batteries so I will be able to see the difference in how long each one lasts.

The_Jim

Lil-Rokslider
I used the Coleman lantern forever and I’m now another vote for the Milwaukee m18 floodlights, it lights up the whole camp site if needed.

EdP

WKR
A few years back I hunted with an outfitter that used LED lanterns that looked like Colemans but used standard batteries. I don't know whether C's, D's, etc. I do know they sucked. They looked bright but didn't really illuminate anything in the tent and the light output decreased rapidly after being on for a few minutes. In all fairness they were adequate, but not what I would choose. In my mind Coleman liquid gas or propane is the standard. I don't really care about the hiss and the added heat is usually a positive, Some of the options that use much bigger batteries may be a decent alternative to Coleman.