Vortex Razor LHT 3-15x50 scope and reticle

Rifle20

FNG
Looking at this scope for deer and hogs in South Georgia. Will not be dailing much. My thinking is it being mrad not moa would not be a big deal? I also think the red dot type reticle will work good when hunting in the edge of a swamp and some power line right aways. Look for feed back on anyone who has used this scope?

Scottf270

WKR
I am currently retooling my scopes and I had an opportunity to look thru a Razor 3-15x42 and I have to say the view was fantastic. I had a Leupold VX5 out as well and to me, the Razor was significantly better. I like a lot of the features on the Razor but I'm not sure it's a $1,000 to $1,200 scope in my book.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Good scope, but wouldn’t pay anything close to MSRP. Pick up a refurb from AA Optics or look at recent sales on the Trijicon Tenmile line

I have only used my LHT for stand hunting this past deer season, but I really like the reticle and the illuminated center dot. My buck came out in the evening, but still probably an hour before dusk so I didn't turn on the illumination for that shot. The elevation turret is very tactile. I love the features, reticle, weight, and mag range so it checked a lot of my boxes. There are probably 1 or 2 for sale on this site, but maybe the 40mm objective, for $900 or less. I bought mine here for $800, and saw one sold recently for the same price.

The dot reticle is not "red dot bright" so it is more a low-light aim point than a fast fire eye-drawing dot. There is some illumination bleed around the perimeter of the eyepiece, so you only want as much illumination as is needed to pick out the dot. It is not the type you turn up to max just to have it on in case you want a snap shot, otherwise the bleed will be distracting. The push button is not as good as a dial either, but I'm sure it saves some weight.