Vortex Razor HD vs Zeiss Conquest HD review

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I'm really starting to covet the razor 12x50's that is for sure....

Mike

I just got some....so far they are great, but I haven't hunted with them yet so can't comment too much...next month though spring grizz starts so....:D

I just got some....so far they are great, but I haven't hunted with them yet so can't comment too much...next month though spring grizz starts so....:D

Oh you suck! lol How are they for glassing that big country and for offhand unsupported glassing?

EDIT: Might have just fenagled my way into a pair for trade for some gun parts I have... waiting on a call back. I'm jacked :)

Mike

Last edited:
Looks like my 12x50s should ship tomorrow... beyond stoked! I almost as excited as when i was waiting for my T1 to ship last year!

Mike

JNDEER

WKR
Good read.

I am assuming the glassing was off hand and not on tri-pods? Also, when looking until the last bit of light.....where you actually seeing game or were you just looking?

2rocky

WKR
Your mention of the Eyecups not staying up on the Vortex struck a chord with me. I switched to the non-adjustable eye cups for just that reason on my earlier model Razors. Downside is my Father can't use them with his eyeglasses.

In some of my pictures you can see the orange tape that held them up until I switched them.

Your mention of the Eyecups not staying up on the Vortex struck a chord with me. I switched to the non-adjustable eye cups for just that reason on my earlier model Razors. Downside is my Father can't use them with his eyeglasses.

In some of my pictures you can see the orange tape that held them up until I switched them.

I'm a bit different then everyone else, I always have my eye cups all the way down and I don't wear glasses... I think it's a habit I developed to keep binos from fogging up easier as it leaves a bit of space between my eye socket and the lens to let the sweat evaporate and enter the atmosphere instead of condensing on the lens. Least that's my though on it. Never can get used to glassing with eye cups turned up.

Mike

OP
S&S ARCHERY
Good read.

I am assuming the glassing was off hand and not on tri-pods? Also, when looking until the last bit of light.....where you actually seeing game or were you just looking?

Yeah was just glassing off hand. I rarely use a tripod for binos, just my spotter. I was glassing a small herd of elk at dark but the last little bit was looking at an open hillside trying to pick apart rocks and trees.

ElkNut1

WKR
Steve, very nice! I enjoyed your details involved with great explanation. Thanks

ElkNut1

JNDEER

WKR
Yeah was just glassing off hand. I rarely use a tripod for binos, just my spotter. I was glassing a small herd of elk at dark but the last little bit was looking at an open hillside trying to pick apart rocks and trees.

Thanks. I too mostly glass off tri-pod and use the spotter for the specifics.

I went to homedepot and purchased some rubber o-rings (brought the eye cup in the store to get specific size). I had two sets of eye cups one for me that I would screw all the way down because I wear glasses and the other one had 3-5 o-rings on it which set it perfect for my bro or cuz as they would also use them from time to time.

Good review. While I don't own either, I am a sucker for the new Razor HDs... very light and feel great in the hand. The Conquest HDs are a great bino too for the money, and the birder sites rave about them. The resolution on both sets is spectacular for the money based on my limited use in the big box stores. Can't go wrong either way.

OP
S&S ARCHERY
Debating between these two binoculars myself... any more user feedback?

I have a lot more time in the field now with the Razor HD's and my opinion really hasn't changed one way or the other. Both great glass for the money with a few different features and quirks.