Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50mm Q&A

freddyG

WKR
Most “dudes” I know and have hunted with would absolutely not take the shot. Who are you guys hunting with honestly
If everyone is so ethical, please explain why there is no shortage of shooters on these fake deer Fish and Game sets up to catch poachers.

Unless you are road hunting, or hunting very flat ground, spills happen with some frequency, especially in snowy/slick conditions.

I would have no problem taking a shot after a spill with a Nightforce nxs. It’s probably more ethical than using a new out of the box un dropped Vortex.

I also don’t check my zero continually. If it takes a hit, and I have time, yeah I’ll check it. Otherwise, no. I know that it’s not made out of cheap plastic. I think they call that trusting your gear.

How do you figure? It’s saying the groupings didn’t change on paper. Form is assuming it means they changed LOCATION on paper. He’s assuming. Or else he knows for a fact that they’re being misleading. I’m trying to clear it up.
It sure would be easy, clear and stronger to say that neither point of impact or grouping changed. Critical thinkers will wonder why they chose not to.

Ucsdryder

WKR
It sure would be easy, clear and stronger to say that neither point of impact or grouping changed. Critical thinkers will wonder why they chose not to.
I don’t disagree, it could have been better written, or maybe was intentionally vague. We’ll never know unless someone asks ZEISS for clarification. Form’s post is that he is unbiased and stating facts. That wasn’t unbiased or fact. It was an assumption that I was trying to get him to clear up.

cmahoney

WKR
If everyone is so ethical, please explain why there is no shortage of shooters on these fake deer Fish and Game sets up to catch poachers.

Unless you are road hunting, or hunting very flat ground, spills happen with some frequency, especially in snowy/slick conditions.

I would have no problem taking a shot after a spill with a Nightforce nxs. It’s probably more ethical than using a new out of the box un dropped Vortex.

I also don’t check my zero continually. If it takes a hit, and I have time, yeah I’ll check it. Otherwise, no. I know that it’s not made out of cheap plastic. I think they call that trusting your gear.

Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t disagree, it could have been better written, or maybe was intentionally vague. We’ll never know unless someone asks ZEISS for clarification. Form’s post is that he is unbiased and stating facts. That wasn’t unbiased or fact. It was an assumption that I was trying to get him to clear up.
Assumption is totally the wrong word. Form stated what he said based on what they wrote, what they wrote is evidence, assumption does not include evidence. Yoy=u should be more critical in your reading and interpretation thereof.

RussDXT

WKR
Just something to think about. How much is the scope getting knocked off and how much is the internals of the scope shifting?

I don’t think that this thread is a result of improper mounting, you don’t shoot like the op and not know what your doing.

But in general. Case and point I was elk hunting several years ago and fell through some ice in a shallow stream. I was using a t3 lite with a vortex lh razor in a gun bearer (scope lead the way through the ice, had a scopecoat on but still...) When I checked zero I was off about 1moa at 100 yds. Readjusted and it’s held zero.

It’s always bothered me, but I was thinking it was possibly due to using the 1” rings that came with the scope.

I have since ordered a Nightforce 0moa rail, Hawkins rings, and the lht scope discussed here.

Kinda wondering if I should cancel my order and pick up another Nightforce (weight was the only thing keeping me away).

TxxAgg

WKR
It was intentionally vague. Manufacturers and their attorneys aren't dumb. They are very very smart. They can get sued if they can't back up their claims so they word things strategically. This is common across ALL walks of manufacturing.

pc3

WKR
Just something to think about. How much is the scope getting knocked off and how much is the internals of the scope shifting?

I don’t think that this thread is a result of improper mounting, you don’t shoot like the op and not know what your doing.

But in general. Case and point I was elk hunting several years ago and fell through some ice in a shallow stream. I was using a t3 lite with a vortex lh razor in a gun bearer (scope lead the way through the ice, had a scopecoat on but still...) When I checked zero I was off about 1moa at 100 yds. Readjusted and it’s held zero.

It’s always bothered me, but I was thinking it was possibly due to using the 1” rings that came with the scope.

I have since ordered a Nightforce 0moa rail, Hawkins rings, and the lht scope discussed here.

Kinda wondering if I should cancel my order and pick up another Nightforce (weight was the only thing keeping me away).
My feelings exactly.....thinking of zeroing this LHT today, as stated earlier it has been mounted on a .17 Hornet CZ527 thumbhole varmint just yesterday....your not taking this rig on a serious big game hunt anyway. I am also toying with the idea of actually putting it on my version of a "gap gladius style" .308 on a surgeon action and ordering some kind of NV scope for the .17, all this going through my mind an hour or so before heading out 🤪 Its a shame I cant trust a scope that costs north of $2k AUD...I didnt buy their crappy crossfire models ! Love the weight etc. and it looks well profiled on the little cz 527.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Assumption is totally the wrong word. Form stated what he said based on what they wrote, what they wrote is evidence, assumption does not include evidence. Yoy=u should be more critical in your reading and interpretation thereof.
I got what he was saying from his original post. No issues with my critical thinking but thank you for the suggestion. You obviously ASSume they’re being intentionally vague and lying by omission. That’s fine if you want to read between the lines and jump to conclusions. I only asked form if he was also ASSuming or if he actually knew that they were being vague and lying by omission. Once again, he could be 100% right…COULD BE. Keep leg humping bubble…

I got what he was saying from his original post. No issues with my critical thinking but thank you for the suggestion. You obviously ASSume they’re being intentionally vague and lying by omission. That’s fine if you want to read between the lines and jump to conclusions. I only asked form if he was also ASSuming or if he actually knew that they were being vague and lying by omission. Once again, he could be 100% right…COULD BE. Keep leg humping bubble…
Again you miss apply the word "ASSume" showing your ignorance to language and its meaning. No, I do not believe they are being vague, or lying by omission, as to me what they are doing and saying is clear. But guys like you think they are saying something they are not, and assume shifts are covered in their warranty, because you lack a solid grasp of language; which is who these companies prey upon. By the way, I am jumping to no conclusion, but you are by thinking shifts in point of impact are covered by their warranty. To be clear, Form is not assuming anything he is applying critical reading skills and critical thinking, and not adding anything to what they are saying, as you are trying to do. Their statement is clear and concise, they do not say anything outside their statement is covered, as you assume. Form and I presume based on evidence.

But hey keep on assuming and leg humping yourself Uc.

SDHNTR

WKR
It was intentionally vague. Manufacturers and their attorneys aren't dumb. They are very very smart. They can get sued if they can't back up their claims so they word things strategically. This is common across ALL walks of manufacturing.
They can also get sued for false and/or misleading advertising.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Again you miss apply the word "ASSume" showing your ignorance to language and its meaning. No, I do not believe they are being vague, or lying by omission, as to me what they are doing and saying is clear. But guys like you think they are saying something they are not, and assume shifts are covered in their warranty, because you lack a solid grasp of language; which is who these companies prey upon. By the way, I am jumping to no conclusion, but you are by thinking shifts in point of impact are covered by their warranty. To be clear, Form is not assuming anything he is applying critical reading skills and critical thinking, and not adding anything to what they are saying, as you are trying to do. Their statement is clear and concise, they do not say anything outside their statement is covered, as you assume. Form and I presume based on evidence.

But hey keep on assuming and leg humping yourself Uc.
What the hell are you talking about?! I could give a crap about the v4 or their warranty and what’s covered and not covered. I never defended the scope, nor mentioned their warranty. My question to form, you can look back because obviously you’re struggling to comprehend, was that if he was sure that what they were saying, that the group stayed the same but not the placement. He clarified that’s how he read it, but anything further would be out of line. Maybe slow down a little and read word by word.

What the hell are you talking about?! I could give a crap about the v4 or their warranty and what’s covered and not covered. I never defended the scope, nor mentioned their warranty. My question to form, you can look back because obviously you’re struggling to comprehend, was that if he was sure that what they were saying, that the group stayed the same but not the placement. He clarified that’s how he read it, but anything further would be out of line. Maybe slow down a little and read word by word.
Ok Karen

Hahahaha good one big guy. Once again, you’re confused and comprehension fails you. But back on track!

Where’s the video of the test! I want to try and replicate it and post up the results.
Yeah, justvkeep misusing words and act like you don't., let alone be able to interpret results and write accurately. But hey, I look forward to reading your testing results.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Yeah, justvkeep misusing words and act like you don't., let alone be able to interpret results and write accurately. But hey, I look forward to reading your testing results.
Sounds good. I’ll let you know when I do it. I’ll use small words so you can follow along.