Victory RIP TKO vs VF TKO

mww982

WKR
Bought a new Elite Omnia, 68lbs @ 28" DL. Current arrow setup are Victory VAP TKO's (300 spine) with the following rough specs.
27.25" Length
175 grains upfront (125 grain point/50 grain shok TL insert)
25 grain Nockturnal Nock
467 grains total arrow weight
13.5% foc
6.9 grains per/lb.

Thinking about switching to VF TKO's also 300 Spine with the following specs
26.75" Length (can go shorter since there is collar)
197 grains upfront (125 grain point, 22 grain insert, and 50 grain screw in weight)
503 grains total arrow weight
14.79% foc
7.4 grains per/lb

Thinking about VF's due to it being a standard diameter arrow and getting tired of messing with collars, hidden inserts, half outs and etc. Would you switch to a standard diameter or keep the smaller diameter arrow. Most shots will be 50 yards or less on deer, elk, pigs or pretty much any American game besides moose, brown or grizzly bears. Both specs show to be optimal on archer's advantage.

Standard .246 done with the micros and .204 shafts. There is enough evidence out there that standard shafts recover faster that any marginal gains from smaller diameters for wind are just not worth it. I think the penetration gig was up long ago as well.
To me the only way to justify micros for hunting is really open country mule deer or antelope where it’s definitely a longer shot you’ll be taking. All the ethical guys can jump in…

Last edited:

Wapiti1

WKR
I like the VF TKO and Vforce shafts for any application. In your setup, I'd swap to a 50gr insert, and lose the extra screw in weight. That is the setup I shoot with an Easton 6,5 and can't see a reason to change. Simple to assemble, and does what I ask of it.

Jeremy

Trial153

WKR
I am slowly transitioning to back to Spartan, ACC sized shafts from 204…. 3 of my five bows are still flinging 204s with stainless steel hits and collars … the other two are shooting ACCs with 75 grain brass insert and Spartans with their SS insert and 75 grains added.
The truth is I cant see any difference between the two sizes in any practical sense.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I prefer 204's. For me the best benefit with those over standard is the durability gained with thicker walls. But you also have to be selective even within the 204 group. First time shooting the BE Spartans I broke an arrow in a 3D target hitting rebar above the leg. I need arrows that can withstand some hard hits and abuse. And I tried the micro's once and didn't care for those or the components either. I've been shooting the RIP TKO's the last two years with 75gr HIT's without any complaints so far.