Victory arrow setup thoughts/questions

Only to watch my long range arrow flight after tuning. And the reason I've never used them for hunting is because they "smoosh" onto the string just like the X nocks........instead of snapping on.
I'm using X now. I get a good snap. I don't know what my serving count is though.

The X nocks have smooshed onto the string on every bow I've had and every aftermarket string set I've ever bought. Night and day difference between them and the A nocks.
I'll take a peak at some A's and see if I notice it. I think I've been using X nocks for 3-4 years.

Mathews vertix 29/70 RIP TKO 28.5 Carbon to carbon. 70 grains upfront with 100 grain broadhead. Arrows are around 450 grains with measured 15% FOC. I tried 350 spine but with simmons mako's and magnus stingers it was underspined. Arrow flight was very erratic after 30 yards. Made the same arrow in 300 spine and i can shoot both broadheads like field points out to 80 yards(havent tried further). Idk if you'll find a much better arrow. Used that arrow with the mako on my Montana bull elk this year and was very happy.
I’m trying to build a similar set up. Did you use the new Shok TL inset? I’m trying to find out if I should cut the shaft an inch shorter the make up for the extra inch on the Shok inset. Thanks!

I use ethics stainless outserts, i still cut my arrows to the same length they were. Inserts makes them about half inch longer if i remember correctly. But I generally keep my arrow cut in the middle between the end of the riser and rest.

Back