Victory arrow setup thoughts/questions

MT257

WKR
Lengthened my draw length over the winter. I was short by a long ways. So after putting 28” mods in my vxr 31.5 @70lbs I drew back and marked an uncut arrow to be at the front of my riser. Length came out 28.5” from throat of nock to front of riser. I just like to have the tip at front of riser. I have been thinking of trying the Victory Vap RIP Tko arrows. Will I be fine with a 350 or will I need a 300 spine? Probably have 3 blazers, 100gr tip/bh, not sure what nock and a 4” wrap. Will I be able to use regular field tips and broad heads with these arrows? Was thinking of maybe using 50 or 75 grain Easton hit insert as I’m not an outsert fan. Are these arrows tough and can stand up to elk sized game? Any input is appreciated.
Or would I be better off just using the 5mm Easton axis?
Thanks!

You could use either, they are the same diameter. You could use Easton components, or better yet Ironwill. I believe you could probably get away with a lighter spine with Victory specifically. Brent from Valkyrie has found that you can usually spine down a level with Victory products. However I probably wouldn't risk it. A 300 will work for sure. With the hidden insert you can play around with whatever tip weight you want. If you end up too stiff you could always throw on an Ironwill collar for an extra 25 grains.

I am a similar setup. Im using the 300 TKO with 200 up front from 28.5 70# VXR with perfect flight. Go with the 300's if you cant try shooting both first. Better a little stiff than a little weak if in doubt . TKO's and Axis seem the same to me. Victory claims spine alignment but that only seems to be accurate half the time at best.

Last edited:
I am a similar setup. Im using the 300 TKO with 200 up front from 28.5 70# VXR with perfect flight. Go with the 300's if you cant try shooting both first. Better a little stiff than a little weak if in doubt . TKO's and Axis seem the same to me. Victory claims spine alignment but that only seems to be accurate half the time at best.
Is your 200 upfront include both head and insert?

Victory arrows are the bomb. I would use low profile 3 inch vanes ditch the blazers.

I really like the RIP TKO I have them cut carbon to carbon 28 inches with a 30 inch draw 75 grain insert 125 heads and 10 grain footer I think I’m right at 505 with a wrap and 4 fletch vanetec swift 2.8. I’ve got them to tune from 60-74 lbs with a few different bows. Only ones I’ve broke have been rear impacts from other arrows and I’ve bounced them off all sorts of stuff

Mathews vertix 29/70 RIP TKO 28.5 Carbon to carbon. 70 grains upfront with 100 grain broadhead. Arrows are around 450 grains with measured 15% FOC. I tried 350 spine but with simmons mako's and magnus stingers it was underspined. Arrow flight was very erratic after 30 yards. Made the same arrow in 300 spine and i can shoot both broadheads like field points out to 80 yards(havent tried further). Idk if you'll find a much better arrow. Used that arrow with the mako on my Montana bull elk this year and was very happy.

Shooting 26.5ctc, RX4 with a RIP TKO 300, 100gr IW insert, 25gr collar and 100gr head. Fletched with 6 pm 2.0 and Easton x nocks with reflective 4” wraps.
Last bow I was shooting RIP TKO 250’s, 75gr brass hit and 25gr collars, 75lb CST 28 CTC.
The RIP TKO is more durable than the Axis. I switched to axis match grade between the Victories because they shut down last spring and I couldn’t find arrows. I sold the axis after hunting season for more victories.

Shooting 26.5ctc, RX4 with a RIP TKO 300, 100gr IW insert, 25gr collar and 100gr head. Fletched with 6 pm 2.0 and Easton x nocks with reflective 4” wraps.
Last bow I was shooting RIP TKO 250’s, 75gr brass hit and 25gr collars, 75lb CST 28 CTC.
The RIP TKO is more durable than the Axis. I switched to axis match grade between the Victories because they shut down last spring and I couldn’t find arrows. I sold the axis after hunting season for more victories.
have you ever tested to see how their spine alingment is?

Rip tko vs ramapage?

Will they be more durable than a vap tko with the new half out?

Shot regular vaps with the old half outs for a few years and buddys shoot the vao tko with the new tl half out. Tough arrows it looks like. The TL is much better it looks like after some quail shooting.

Rip tko vs ramapage?

Will they be more durable than a vap tko with the new half out?

Shot regular vaps with the old half outs for a few years and buddys shoot the vao tko with the new tl half out. Tough arrows it looks like. The TL is much better it looks like after some quail shooting.
I would think the Rampage would be more fragile, yet hold better tolerances. Both of these shafts can be made very durable with Ironwill collars.

I used the half out's with my rampages last year and did not have any issues. This year I am using RIP XV's with Ethics collar / insert system and so far have not had any issues. You get more bang for your buck with the Ethics systems, and reduce your chance of shearing the arrow behind the insert from the levering force.

That being said, I think I will use IW collars with my trad arrows this year.

I am not a fan of the outserts or half outs. Most likely I will do the HIT maybe the brass or an IW.

I'm going to test out some RIP TKO 250 Elites, but with their light weight at only 8.9 gpi and the amount of weight I need to put up front to get the overall weight up.....and with my draw length and draw weight........I'm not too sure they're going to be stiff enough. Anybody know if Victory has any plans to bring a .200 spine into the mix? A .200 spine somewhere between 10 and 11 gpi would be perfect.

I'm going to test out some RIP TKO 250 Elites, but with their light weight at only 8.9 gpi and the amount of weight I need to put up front to get the overall weight up.....and with my draw length and draw weight........I'm not too sure they're going to be stiff enough. Anybody know if Victory has any plans to bring a .200 spine into the mix? A .200 spine somewhere between 10 and 11 gpi would be perfect.

I emailed a Victory guy one time and he said they basically inject their 300 spine with more resin to stiffen it up, but only .1 GPI heavier . That’s how they make the 250 spine. I personally think this is not the right way to do it. I ran 250s with a higher FOC setup two years ago. They weren’t as durable as I hoped. My Sirius Apollo 250s are way tougher, I’ll be sticking with those for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
My Sirius Apollo 250s are way tougher, I’ll be sticking with those for the foreseeable future.
I have some of those as well, but got them right before the season last year so haven't had enough time to fully test them out. I started them with 50gr brass HIT's and 125's but all the inserts pulled out very quickly. So either my epoxy has gone bad, or the inside of their arrows don't like it. A few weeks ago I replaced those with 75gr HIT's and a different epoxy, and will try 100's to keep my arrows at 520gr.

I have some of those as well, but got them right before the season last year so haven't had enough time to fully test them out. I started them with 50gr brass HIT's and 125's but all the inserts pulled out very quickly. So either my epoxy has gone bad, or the inside of their arrows don't like it. A few weeks ago I replaced those with 75gr HIT's and a different epoxy, and will try 100's to keep my arrows at 520gr.

Running a very similar setup.

28” carbon
125g head
50g brass
10g IW collar
Fletch and wrap
520-525 depending on fletching

I just made the switch from Eastons to Rip TKO and so far so good. However I have yet to send it towards an animal but I look to change that in the spring.

Back