Veteran Discount

Lytro

WKR
I believe the discounts through Expert Voice are open to many other occupations as well. It's a great site though. A LOT of my gear has been ordered through them over the last 6 years or so.

jwiltx

FNG
I check 4 sites for all my purchases that offer military/vet discounts: 1) Expert Voice; 2) Guide Fitter; 3) GovX; 4) ID.me

They all have their pros and cons, but for larger items, it's worth at least looking there. For smaller items, sometimes their fees put it at Amazon's prices (where you'll get it quicker).

bobr1

WKR
There are also some companies that are not on expert voice or similar but have veteran discounts directly through them as pro deals. Some advertise and some don’t,
Never hurts to ask, I have been suprised at some companies very generous veteran discounts that weren’t advertised.

jwiltx

FNG
There are also some companies that are not on expert voice or similar but have veteran discounts directly through them as pro deals. Some advertise and some don’t,
Never hurts to ask, I have been suprised at some companies very generous veteran discounts that weren’t advertised.
Exactly. Sitka is one that really surprised me. I'm not going to say how much, but it's a BIG discount. They've pretty much earned my business with that.

Gold tip had some great deals on there last I bought a dozen.
Just gotta be careful getting excited about the discount percentages when it’s based on inflated MSRPs. Vortex gets a lot of people that way.

BDRam16

WKR
Exactly. Sitka is one that really surprised me. I'm not going to say how much, but it's a BIG discount. They've pretty much earned my business with that.
Stone Glacier just had a VERY generous offer as well. Picked up a new pack that’s coming in this week.

jwiltx

FNG
Stone Glacier just had a VERY generous offer as well. Picked up a new pack that’s coming in this week.
Wished I'd waited then. I picked up a new one on marketplace instead. I'll give them a look again.

BDRam16

WKR
Wished I'd waited then. I picked up a new one on marketplace instead. I'll give them a look again.
Today is the last day of their special sale and the packs they had listed sold out already. They still have a bunch of other stuff listed though.

MTHokie

FNG
Over the past few months I have online shopped pretty hard for a pack, binos, and a couple other miscellaneous items. I have emailed customer service of multiple (probably 12-15) hunting gear manufacturers asking specifically if they offer a military veteran discount. Every single one has responded to me and either given me a discount code, enrolled me in their pro program, or referred me to the 3rd party site that manages their discount for them.

OP
mother_plucker
Over the past few months I have online shopped pretty hard for a pack, binos, and a couple other miscellaneous items. I have emailed customer service of multiple (probably 12-15) hunting gear manufacturers asking specifically if they offer a military veteran discount. Every single one has responded to me and either given me a discount code, enrolled me in their pro program, or referred me to the 3rd party site that manages their discount for them.
I have found the same for a lot of companies. Very generous of these companies to offer something for Vets, and first responders as well. In this day and age, every little bit helps!!

VernAK

WKR
Home Depot previously gave a discount with the display of any military ID but now they seem to want me to jump through hoops and no one in Fairbanks store seems to have the complete story. Have any of you mastered their Vets program?