Vesper SA reviews?

khuber84

WKR
Looking for some reviews on the shorty Vesper. Does the 75° lift increase bolt opening forces over a standard 90°? I have a vampire, bumblebee and igniter, and I really like these actions. Putting parts together for a 6prc, and the decision right now is Vesper VS Kelbly Nanook.

Flyjunky

WKR
Looking for some reviews on the shorty Vesper. Does the 75° lift increase bolt opening forces over a standard 90°? I have a vampire, bumblebee and igniter, and I really like these actions. Putting parts together for a 6prc, and the decision right now is Vesper VS Kelbly Nanook.
Both good choices, other than that I can’t help

OP
K

khuber84

WKR
Welp, Vesper it is. Cannot really turn down the ability to run the 3.150 UM mags on a short action. Too bad there's not an action that will handle that in a more economical price range. To my knowledge it's just the Vesper/Bumblebee.

BBob

WKR
Closest I can come to help is I own a Bumblebee an Igniter and had a Mesa with a 75* lift. I never compared side by side but the Mesa didn't stick out as obviously heavy compared to any Rem clone I've had or have.

OP
K

khuber84

WKR
Closest I can come to help is I own a Bumblebee an Igniter and had a Mesa with a 75* lift. I never compared side by side but the Mesa didn't stick out as obviously heavy compared to any Rem clone I've had or have.
I have owned a few Mesas a few years back, they had lighter lift, because they were designed to have some cock on close to reduce the lift. I've got ARC action with short angle lifts, they're definitely heavier than my zermatt or lone peaks. I'm looking for to getting my hands on the Vesper.

B23

WKR
Welp, Vesper it is. Cannot really turn down the ability to run the 3.150 UM mags on a short action. Too bad there's not an action that will handle that in a more economical price range. To my knowledge it's just the Vesper/Bumblebee.
Per BAT their Igniter mag port is cut to handle 3.180 and they're a fair bit less expensive and still top notch BAT quality.

I have two BAT actions, HRPIC & Igniter, and one Kelbly. They both make a top shelf product but BAT is only about a 15-20 drive to their shop for me so they're my first pick, AND, I had the pleasure of getting a full tour of their shop and how they make their receivers from start to finish when I was there awhile back. They're really nice folks and have a very impressive operation. I was a BAT fan before but after that I can't imagine ever buying anything other than a BAT action again.

OP
K

khuber84

WKR
Per BAT their Igniter mag port is cut to handle 3.180 and they're a fair bit less expensive and still top notch BAT quality.

I have two BAT actions, HRPIC & Igniter, and one Kelbly. They both make a top shelf product but BAT is only about a 15-20 drive to their shop for me so they're my first pick, AND, I had the pleasure of getting a full tour of their shop and how they make their receivers from start to finish when I was there awhile back. They're really nice folks and have a very impressive operation. I was a BAT fan before but after that I can't imagine ever buying anything other than a BAT action again.
This is the bottom load port on an igniter produced early last year. From the measurement, I don't think it'll run the XL short mags. Maybe they've revised their bottom cut since then.
Screenshot_20240603_174320_Message+.jpg