Vented pant recommendation?

ChrisAU

WKR
I’ve searched high and low and settled on Kutanas. I now have 3 pair. I use them for 100% of hunting, layer underneath as necessary. Rain or puffys over as needed. I can add and remove base layers or outer as as mentioned, but I can’t make a thicker pant cooler by itself on a hard hike. And as mentioned they are super tough. Incredible really for the weight.

Sadler

WKR
Kuiu and Stone Glacier. If you need a mesh backing to keep stuff out, go Kuiu. If you don't, Stone Glacier. I use both and lean towards Stone Glacier more and more.

I’ve searched high and low and settled on Kutanas. I now have 3 pair. I use them for 100% of hunting, layer underneath as necessary. Rain or puffys over as needed. I can add and remove base layers or outer as as mentioned, but I can’t make a thicker pant cooler by itself on a hard hike. And as mentioned they are super tough. Incredible really for the weight.
+1

Haven't found anything the Kutana are bad at yet. August through November they're my go-to.

I would like to try out SG's pants...

Gsquared

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for recommendations for pants with vents, both hunting and non-hunting brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Been very happy with the Stone Glacier system. Non-camo makes practical for non-hunting applications as well.

Scorpion

WKR
I tried a pair of SG DeHaviland Lite last week in Wyoming and they were great down to the high 30’s with a light base layer. High’s were in the low 70’s and the vents were great. Paired with a zip off base layer gives you a big functional range.

schmalzy

WKR
I tried a pair of SG DeHaviland Lite last week in Wyoming and they were great down to the high 30’s with a light base layer. High’s were in the low 70’s and the vents were great. Paired with a zip off base layer gives you a big functional range.

The SG have flexibility to run puffy pants under as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtnkid85

WKR
I really like all the Kuiu pants Ive got. Depending on the temp, Tiburon make a nice everyday pant/ warmer weather hunt pant. I really like the the Kutanas as slightly warmer/burlier version of the Tiburons. The attacks are well known and make a great pant for Oct-Nov hunting. then I switch to the Guides for later season. The guides for some reason fit me kinda weird, baggy in the thighs.
But I fit really well in all the other pants.

Blandry

WKR
I own several packs, the 0deg bag, the 2p skyscraper tent, socks both wool and the old poly ones which I've worn out many times and they've replaced no issue after hearing about the light mesh in the arch tearing which is really why they are so comfortable so I stopped asking for replacements (it's not always about lifetime durability and their poly socks are awesome). The wools are even better.

I want to try their light pants.. If I was to need another pant, it would be the light pant. Fortunately my KUIU's refuse to die

Last edited:

Blandry

WKR
I really like all the Kuiu pants Ive got. Depending on the temp, Tiburon make a nice everyday pant/ warmer weather hunt pant. I really like the the Kutanas as slightly warmer/burlier version of the Tiburons. The attacks are well known and make a great pant for Oct-Nov hunting. then I switch to the Guides for later season. The guides for some reason fit me kinda weird, baggy in the thighs.
But I fit really well in all the other pants.
My thoughts exactly. I'll often post w/o reading the other comment but yeah.. def try the havilland lite

Last edited:

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH - Cyber Week Sale!

Attachments

• CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    CyberWeek Half-Page 300 x 600.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 17