Venison burger mix recipe

ZipsNLbs

FNG
Hey all . So a friend gave me some burgers he got back from a processor . They were Mixed with blue cheese and peppercorn and man they were good ! I’m going to be trying to grind some my self this way this year . I was wondering what else have you guys mixed with the burger when grinding !? I guess I’ve been living under a rock since I’ve only ever added pork or beef fat lol

WildBoose

FNG
I have tried many different "recipes", 3 years ago I cracked the code. 85/15 Venison/Beef Fat. I slowed down, trimmed the deer with more precision......and honestly the results were unbelievable. We have always "liked" deer but never loved it, now we love it!

Salt and pepper only. Keep the meat cold, the patties thin, and fry them hot and fast in bear lard or butter. Think smash burger style. Crispy on the outside but rare in the middle. Usually stack 2 patties on a bun.

This is my favorite after years of experimenting. I never wind up adding in store bought meat/fat—I’m sure grinding in bacon or beef fat would taste awesome.

OP
Z

ZipsNLbs

FNG
My buddy sent me this these are the “gourmet burgers “ where they add the different stuff to the grind I might try to duplicate some of these IMG_1331.jpeg