Vacuum sealing burger bags

OP
Spoony

Spoony

FNG
Ok. So I bought a chamber sealer, vac master vp215, and tried sealing a burger bag. I needed to dial down the seal time but it worked fantastic. Burger bags are much thinner than my vac bags. I’ll do about 100 lbs of burger with hog rings, I should be able to go through that in a year, then the rest I’ll vacuum seal for good measure. I can fit 2, maybe 3, in the chamber at a time.

Though using vac bags for grind works well, and yes they can be flattened to stack better, the excess plastic skirt around the grind is annoying and does take up some space, even with the smaller bags. I was able to flatten the burger bags a bit and I don’t think I’ll ever use a vac bag for grind again.

OP
Spoony

Spoony

FNG
This right here could not be more true! 8x10 bags in your chamber sealer. You can load them however full you want up to 2 lbs. of burger. Flatten them out after you seal them. They stack great in the freezer on the shelves or like NRA mentioned fit in boxes inside regular sized boxes so they don't slide around after freezing. Another huge pro is they thaw fast and evenly when you want to pull some out last minute. I do all my bulk sausage this way as well anymore.

For those of you here that don't have a vacuum chamber sealer yet... don't ever wait on that purchase. Best tool for processing there is.
I just bought a chamber sealer. I can’t believe how much better and faster it works. I waited about 10 years too long. Every big game hunter needs one.