V3x 33

Aswob5

FNG
I have a V3x 33 with 75lb mods with gas strings I'm having some problems with. On scale it's peaking at 65.6 lbs. ATA is 33 3/16 brace height is 6.5. Strings and cables measured right on spec. I can't figure out what else I'm missing. Any ideas?

OP
Aswob5

Aswob5

FNG
I did. Also swapped out some 70's I had laying around and the scale still showed me almost 10lbs light

OP
Aswob5

Aswob5

FNG
Limb bolts seated and I also put another bow on scale and it peaked right where it should. I know I can twist the cables up but ive never did it so much to get 10lbs out of it. Shouldn't be this far out with everything else checking out

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
My gas ghosts on my VXR 28 gave me a fit not as bad as yours but I also have the 75 pound mods on mine pulling 77-78 pounds I put a few twists in it to get to that. The bow is in spec as well but every 100ish shots this thing looses a pound of draw weight the peep has not moved. I have since moved to JBK bowstrings on my other Mathews bows and he makes things a tiny bit short so I don’t have to add as many twists to get the poundage I want. I will be putting his strings on all of my bows as the other sets get used up. I also like Threadz bowstrings..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
Limb bolts seated and I also put another bow on scale and it peaked right where it should. I know I can twist the cables up but ive never did it so much to get 10lbs out of it. Shouldn't be this far out with everything else checking out
I just experienced the same. Put twists in now timing is perfect and it’s at 74lbs, was pulling at 66 with 75lb mods

I would twist the cables, especially since you’re 3/16 over ata. Just remember that twisting cables does change DL slightly and Mathew’s already runs long. On my phase 4 33 I twisted cables up for specs and timing and am getting 28&1/8” draw on a 27.5 mod.

Luked

WKR
SO are you all saying the Gas bowstrings your having issues with?
I was just about to order a set for my V3X33 might have to wait now after reading some of this.

I have a V3x 33 with 75lb mods with gas strings I'm having some problems with. On scale it's peaking at 65.6 lbs. ATA is 33 3/16 brace height is 6.5. Strings and cables measured right on spec. I can't figure out what else I'm missing. Any ideas?
I am having this issue right now also with the ghost xv...