UTV accessories?

wyosteve

WKR
11Boo, nice job. Just curious why you decided to build the 'high' rack vs. just using the rack in a receiver hitch on the back? Thanks

11boo

WKR
11Boo, nice job. Just curious why you decided to build the 'high' rack vs. just using the rack in a receiver hitch on the back? Thanks

The receiver hitch really isn’t meant to take a couple hundred pounds bouncing around back there. It does bounce, and drag.
Plus anything behind the machine gets a nice paint job via mud.

Thus my high rack.

wyosteve

WKR
Thanks Boo. Makes sense. I may have to consider that approach as well. Appreciate the photos and description.

bpa556

FNG
Keep the come along when you add the winch and mount a hi-lift jack on your buggy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have owned and used them with and without a winch. Amazing how handy a winch is when you have one. Agree with @bpa556 about the high jack and come along In addition to the winch. A few sand tread plates maybe.

big +1 for an Axe and/or a saw. Hand saw. Small chain saw. Battery chain saw. Anything that can be used to clear some trail obstructin branches or trees. Used in conjunction with a winch, you can usually cut a chunk out of whatever is laying across the trail and winch it out of the way.

Good chance I’ll be 10-20 miles from the truck for extended periods. I’m putting together a repair/shtf kit…

Tire repair kit
Cig lighter compresor
Tire chains for the back
Spare belt (truck)
Spare air filter (truck)
Come along (replacing with winch)
Tow strap/tree saver
Snatch block
Shackle

What am I missing?
Don’t use a cig lighter plug air compressor, use alligator clamps. Blowing fuses or burning wires sux

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
A cordless chainsaw gets used in mine more than anything.
I have a battery powered chainsaw I bought because I was tired of cutting firewood when camping. It’s small and light. I’ll make sure I bring it.

OP
Ucsdryder

Ucsdryder

WKR
A mullet and a wife with some multi colored hair?
At 7 months pregnant you’re not allowed to dye your hair, but still being willing to do an elk hunt at 7 months is pretty badass. I might try the mullet but it’s going fast in the front, so I just don’t think I can pull it off.