What do you carry in your vehicle for self recovery when hunting?

Guy

Lil-Rokslider
Oh - I've got a "Pull Pal" winch anchor, which is a pretty good solution when out in sagebrush country and there's no big tree to winch from.

There are other things that can be done rather than the pull-pal, but it works fine. Purpose made for the task.

Guy

Opah

WKR
Just for the getting unstuck part, 4 each 2 X 4s just as wide as the tires and grooved down the center to accommodate 4 each ratcheting straps cut to fit the 2 X 4s and thru the rims..
Strap one per tire and there isn't much you can not get out of

Attachments

• 2x4 unstuck.jpg
    2x4 unstuck.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 29

Squamch

WKR
Warn 8274 that's been hot rodded a little bit, with a selection of straps, shackles, and snatch blocks. To compliment this, I have a high amperage alternator, and a deep cycle, high amperage battery.
Hi lift jack.
Shovel
Chains
Tools
I also run a rear automatic locker. NOT a failure prone air locker! ARB somehow has this rep as the be all, end all of lockers, but they fail consistently. If you must pay the big bucks to feel good, buy yukon zip locker. Thay way when it fails, it will default to locked.

I also have extensive experience using all that equipment, and more importantly, lots of offroad seat time. Seat time is the most valuable tool you have for off highway travel. Know where your tires are, and be able to feel what they are doing. Unfortunately, the best way to gain those skills, is by getting stuck over and over again!

Reactions: Guy