Utah Credit Card hits have started

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
nothing on mine, but quite a few hunters on the web are reporting hits on the credit card.

Best of luck! Let us know if you drew.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
about a week early this year, UT doesn't want Colorado to get too far ahead.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Great Umpqua!
Make sure you visit the muzz forum and fill us in on your set up.

Utah muzz regs are pretty lax, sabots, 1x scope, 209's all that stuff legal I think. Best of luck.

Did you have any bonus points?

Thanks guys, we are thrilled. I am not sure who drew yet, my wife or I. I had 5 points she had 2 points.

This was my strategy....I have heard this is a solid unit for 160 to 180 class deer, with potential for better. I have been applying for the San Juan elk tag and I am in the max point pool for the early rifle tag. I liked the looks of this muzzleloader deer hunt as a unit we could possibly draw with our lower points. If we drew, we would be hunting deer in September and get to know the unit for a future elk hunt. I believe there are only 6 guys left at my point level for elk, so I should be hunting elk there in the next few years, or I could even pull the trigger on the bow hunt and go next year. So to summarize...this is kinda like a scouting trip for a future elk hunt with a good deer tag in our pocket....can't beat that.

PhillyB

WKR
Drew the dedicated hunter tag. Pretty stoked about it. Now I just need to wait and find out what unit. Then the summer really begins

muleman

WKR
Looks like another goat point and general season deer for me. Hopefully it will be muzzleloader or archery.

sk1

WKR
i wouldnt be disappointed quite yet, i dont think everyone necessarily gets hit the same day....and i dont even think the results are supposed to be out this year until the 31st....so i would think there are plenty more people that will get hit still.

muleman

WKR
i wouldnt be disappointed quite yet, i dont think everyone necessarily gets hit the same day....and i dont even think the results are supposed to be out this year until the 31st....so i would think there are plenty more people that will get hit still.

sk1, I only got dinged for $35, so I know I didn't get goat or limited entry deer. You are right the offical results are May 31st.

huntndad

FNG
Looks like I'll be making my first trip to the state Utah for a general archery hunt. It's always fun to do somethig new. Now I just need to wait and see which unit I drew.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Umpqua- sounds like a great plan! keep us posted, You're going to have a heart attack at the bulls down there. You will be very thankful that you are a maxpoint holder.

Best of luck.

Credit card hits can last for 2 weeks!

Stay by your phone and check all messages. Ut will try to call you if your card declines (this happens more often than we think, just filling up with gas on a debit card can put a big hold on your card). After several attempts, they give your tag to someone else :(

Segan

FNG
I just checked my bank statement and I have 3 charges from the DWR 2 - $35.00 charges and a $280.00 charge. Not sure if its my LE Archery Elk or the wifes LE Archery Deer. Anyone know how much the LE Deer tags were or the LE Elk? I dont remember I am a Res.

I just checked my bank statement and I have 3 charges from the DWR 2 - $35.00 charges and a $280.00 charge. Not sure if its my LE Archery Elk or the wifes LE Archery Deer. Anyone know how much the LE Deer tags were or the LE Elk? I dont remember I am a Res.

Segan the resident tags are as follows:

Limited entry elk $280
Limited entry deer $75
Premium limited entry deer $163

It looks as if you are going elk hunting!