Using "tactical" boots as a lightweight second pair?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hunt this fall and am considering bringing a second pair of boots/shoes this time. 2 wheeled carts are allowed but the trail in is 8 miles of tough terrain and downed trees so while weight isn't as critical as when we backpack, it's still not at all free.

I am considering bringing a pair of tennis shoes or ultralight boots as a way to give my feet a break from backpacking boots if the weather is nice. I was looking at trail runners but keep seeing duty boots by Merrell and similar brands designed for people who are on their feet all day.

Has anyone ever hunted in these types of boots? Again, they will be a secondary for days when I'm not carrying a load and there is no rain or snow:

Merrell Moab 8":
MRLM-J17775-102317-F18-135_wid_790&hei_657&fmt_jpg&extend_0_0_0_0&op_usm_0__52653.1552075762.jpg

HawkCreek

Lil-Rokslider
I have no personal experience so this is second hand but... last month during a veteran program a guy showed up with Oakley boots as his hiking boots. They soaked up rain like a sponge and didn't seem to dry very fast. He was unhappy with his "hiking" boots but thats what he had so he stuck it out. I had lightweight Lowas and thought mine should have been heavier duty for the terrain but they didn't soak through and keep my feet wet like his Oakleys. I realize you didn't post about Oakley boots but they are in the same tactical vein, makes me leery of using those kinds of boots for hunting in anything but absolutely dry times.

Gorp2007

WKR
I've hunted in issued boots before because that's what I had, but given the option between issued boots and hiking boots or shoes I'm leaving the issued boots at home. Take the money and buy a decent pair of trail runners or low-top hiking shoes if you want something lighter and easier on your feet.

I have hunted in danners and other issue boots. They are fine. Not familiar with those Moab’s but I have the low top and mid top Moab’s. I am on my 4th pair of low tops. They do fine in the woods. Not a lot of support and I had some durability issues on one pair a while back.

If I were looking for a pair of camp shoes or light hikers, you could do worse. I like Solomon too.