Using coyote pelt for stalk

Just wondering if anybody has ever strapped a coyote pelt to their back and made a stalk on a speed goat or any animal for that means. Seen pictures of Remi with one, and the iconic paintings of natives coming in on buffalo with some fur on their backs.

Not worried about getting shot from anyone hunting predators where im at just to throw that out there

Attachments

• 1A834175-D034-4A74-B7FA-76B8FEE312F9.jpeg
    1A834175-D034-4A74-B7FA-76B8FEE312F9.jpeg
    221.7 KB · Views: 96

huntngolf

Lil-Rokslider
I don't know man. There's way more people out there with guns in their trucks than a person thinks that would take a mile+ long shot at a coyote without even thinking about it. Personally I would never do that

I don't know man. There's way more people out there with guns in their trucks than a person thinks that would take a mile+ long shot at a coyote without even thinking about it. Personally I would never do that

But you've seen it done?!!??

*elbow jab*wink wink**

go_deep

WKR
If it was archery only season, I'd use an antelope hide. Outside of that maybe a cow hide that was definitively a cow hide and couldn't be mistaken for a different critter.

KHNC

WKR
Ive shot at one , and missed, using the BeTheDecoy antelope hat. It worked, but not nearly as dumb as a coyote suit. lol. Maybe a mountain lion or wolf pelt would be better.

TaperPin

WKR
It works great - probably the single most effective antelope tactic out there if done properly, and only if. The key is soaking your clothes in coyote piss - I mean dripping wet, and hang outside to air dry - that’s step one. To really be believable a coyote has to smell like it needs to rub it’s ass on the carpet, so find a nice fresh scat and put it in your rear pants pocket - two are much better. Coyotes also have horrible breath - swish a tiny bit of road kill around in your mouth - no need to swallow it.

Oh, and watch out for Scandinavians - they will cross anyone’s property without asking and if they have their trusty Rokslide special and a SWFA 6x, expect some pot shots in your direction. :)

Last edited:

ropeup79

Lil-Rokslider
You’re better served to ride around with your FFA shirt on and your jeans so you can just drive right up next to them on your quad with your morning coffee. They will think you are just out there to turn the water on for them.
Or some FRC clothing with a hard hat.