Upside App for Fuel Savings

Anyone else using the Upside App to save some $$$ at the pump? When I first downloaded the app I was able to save approximately $0.35/gallon on my first fill. Since then, the savings have diminished some, but I'm still seeing $0.18-0.25/gallon on a regular basis. It definitely helps a little bit, but I'm curious why the savings differ from one person to the next. My wife and I can literally open the app at the same time and the amount will be different. Just curious if anyone knows how this app works and why people would be offered different rewards at the same time and location.

It's handy but most of the time I only get a few cents locally. When I'm travelling it seems like 25 to 30 cents per gallon deals pop up in other towns. Either way it's a good app. Getting cash back on stuff I'm buying anyway.
Haven't used it for food yet, but there's some good deals on restaurants and coffee shops.

N.ID7803

WKR
I use it every time I fill up. I figure why not. My total earnings so far is $145. I think the price difference is due to the amount of use. If you use it a lot then they know you are going to use it regardless, so less cash back. If she doesn't use it that much they want to get her using it so they throw higher cash back in hopes that she uses it. Just my theory no actual data to back it up.
I pair that app with the Conoco app for 10-25 cents back. Check it out if you are unfamiliar.

Poser

WKR
I’ve been using it this spring and have $69 in my account now. Similar to above, it starts out significant and then diminishes. I’ve used it at a few restaurants, too.

If anyone wants referral link, hit me up.

I use a CC for all on road fuel purchases and get cash back. Does this work on top of that? Do you get to choose where you use it? Like I generally buy from the same station, so does this work for that or does it take you all over town?

N.ID7803

WKR
I use a CC for all on road fuel purchases and get cash back. Does this work on top of that? Do you get to choose where you use it? Like I generally buy from the same station, so does this work for that or does it take you all over town?
You can use Upside on top of your cash back from CC as long as that station is participating with Upside. You can download the app and search for your station to see if they are participating. Let me know if you want a referral.

Anyone else using the Upside App to save some $$$ at the pump? When I first downloaded the app I was able to save approximately $0.35/gallon on my first fill. Since then, the savings have diminished some, but I'm still seeing $0.18-0.25/gallon on a regular basis. It definitely helps a little bit, but I'm curious why the savings differ from one person to the next. My wife and I can literally open the app at the same time and the amount will be different. Just curious if anyone knows how this app works and why people would be offered different rewards at the same time and location.
Noticed the same, not really sure on the reason. I've gotten like 200$ on the app, but my Dad has bought two pistols with his earnings (1000$ or so) and his offers are consistently higher than mine.

near me it fluctuates between 5-15 cents normally. Also, pro tip- it works on company expense cards. Do at your own risk, but you can rack up if you drive a lot for work. It shouldn't flag your company in any way, as it is based off of the receipt/gas station and not the account on the card but ymmv.

CHSD

WKR
It also matter if you get any referrals. My wife has gotten a few referrals and that adds $.01 per gallon of gas always. Which is nice. Plus I think she gets $.01 per gallon that her referrals pump as well. I could be wrong on that.

It also matter if you get any referrals. My wife has gotten a few referrals and that adds $.01 per gallon of gas always. Which is nice. Plus I think she gets $.01 per gallon that her referrals pump as well. I could be wrong on that.

So does that mean these referrals that are being offered take some of what I could get?

This is like needing to pick your favorite child now....