UPS lost my breasts

F-in UPS lost my Turkey breasts. Overnight package, with ice packs. Sitting for 3 days in some UPS warehouse. 2 hours on the phone, no help.

Not even sure where I can get wild Turkey meat again. I heard it's the best wild game out there.. Sad to go to waste.

Decker

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry man, but they did you a favor. I had to quit hunting turkey because they've gotta be the worst eating game I've ever experienced.
You just can’t cook then? Wild turkey is delicious!

But to the op sorry to hear. That sucks, never want to see meat wasted. You could still find a state to go hunt and get another. Few probably still open.

We just roasted a whole wild Tom and everyone thought it was the best turkey they’d eaten. I didn’t even brine it or baste it. I just slathered it in butter and put it in the oven until it got to 165. My wife made stock from the bones and that has been some delicious soup. Leftover meat made some excellent Thai curry.

N2TRKYS

WKR
F-in UPS lost my Turkey breasts. Overnight package, with ice packs. Sitting for 3 days in some UPS warehouse. 2 hours on the phone, no help.

Not even sure where I can get wild Turkey meat again. I heard it's the best wild game out there.. Sad to go to waste.
Hate to hear that. Did you kill them or was someone sending you some?

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I'm in coastal southeast and the turkey are delicious.

I tried my best with the thighs and legs and gave up on those tho.

This is our family favorite:

6 packs are available on Amazon.

I cut the breasts into nuggets and use about 2-3 packets on one breast and roast them in the oven.

Just bring them up to 145 degrees, don't go any further and it will be good.

Wrench

WKR
Turkeys are so thick here I can kill them with a hammer. I have no desire to eat another one of those stinky things.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Turkeys are so thick here I can kill them with a hammer. I have no desire to eat another one of those stinky things.
I can swing out there next Spring and kill a couple to help thin them out. Send me a pm if you’d like or be willing to help a fella out.

WCB

WKR

Well there is a season every year...so you could just buy a license and hunt them like normal people that eat wild turkey. most people who eat wild turkey normally do.

Last edited: