Unit 40 Muzzy Hunt

CHWine

Lil-Rokslider
I've been home for a week now but I'm still pretty bummed how my seven day hunt with Allout Outfitting turned out.

It certainly wasn't at the fault of the Allout crew, as they did everything possible to make it happen. They ran a top flight camp, were great cooks and their knowledge of the hunting area was top notch.

I'd say the main issue was the elk hadn't really fired off yet. They were mostly holed up on the private. We had some pretty good bugling every morning in the dark, but the bulls didn't want to come out and play.

We did have one of three hunters in camp killed a 358 bull on the evening of day one. After he left a had two experienced guides working for me. One day three they called in a three year old 5 point to within five yards. He jumped the fence from the private and stood looking at us.

Unfortunately that would be my only chance to shoot a bull. We were up daily at 4:00 and usually back at camp around 9:00. Fed and in bed by 10:00 or so. We had a 60-90 minute drive to the hunting areas.

I was pretty surprised at how thick the oak brush country is in that area. We had numerous encounters with bugling bulls, but couldn't get close enough. I have it all seven days and likely put 60 miles on my boots that week.

All the anticipation, shooting my muzzy at the range, getting myself in shape didn't really matter. I came home, dumped the powder and bullet out of my gun and that was it.
IMG_20240920_170500686_HDR.jpgIMG_20240919_191226273_HDR.jpgIMG_20240919_164523377_HDR.jpg