UM Tikka Bottom Metal

SloppyJ

WKR
What's the feedback on the elite cerakote/microslick? Interested in getting an action and bolt done but I'd happily wait the extra few weeks for nitride if it's that much better. I have a savage that is cerakoted and it's not too bad but it's a savage. I don't want to compromise the feel of the action if nitride is the way to go for just a few more bucks and a little time.

Are there H series counterparts available that match the coloring? The elite colors are limited and I'd like to tie it together with some cerakote on the stock.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
What's the feedback on the elite cerakote/microslick? Interested in getting an action and bolt done but I'd happily wait the extra few weeks for nitride if it's that much better. I have a savage that is cerakoted and it's not too bad but it's a savage. I don't want to compromise the feel of the action if nitride is the way to go for just a few more bucks and a little time.

Nitride by far. The coatings greatly effect the bolt feel regardless of who does it.

Brix8984

WKR
Comments say rough price $300. Pre-order coming in a couple weeks and finished product in 2-3 months. No exact inside dem but they said min 3.5”IMG_8234.png

Northman.

FNG

Attachments

• EE5B7B8D-E052-4DA5-9EC3-F47258786776.jpeg
    EE5B7B8D-E052-4DA5-9EC3-F47258786776.jpeg
    236.1 KB · Views: 86

Adam S

FNG
Any talks of making a 5 round or more magazine for the UM Bottom metal? 3 is great for most everything but target and plinking it would be nice to have a few extra rounds in there.

Any talks of making a 5 round or more magazine for the UM Bottom metal? 3 is great for most everything but target and plinking it would be nice to have a few extra rounds in there.
From the bottom metal description: "Standard mag holds 5 rounds, Magnum holds 4 rounds, mags do not rattle"

wyosam

WKR
That's a bit of a bummer. I thought and was hoping it was going to be a flush guard and mag closer to factory protrusion.

I guess it doesn't matter much for me though. My factory guards and mags work fine for my purposes

Agree. Seems like fixing something that’s not broken. Plenty of options to ditch the plastic BM, and I have trouble finding a flaw in the factory magazines. Years ago when I handled my first Tikka, I thought they felt flimsy and hated the plastic. 10’s of thousands rounds later and zero flaws has convinced me. I’ve never even had an issue feeding a 6 Dasher with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. Seems like fixing something that’s not broken. Plenty of options to ditch the plastic BM, and I have trouble finding a flaw in the factory magazines. Years ago when I handled my first Tikka, I thought they felt flimsy and hated the plastic. 10’s of thousands rounds later and zero flaws has convinced me. I’ve never even had an issue feeding a 6 Dasher with them.

The improvement is allowing a 3.5+ COL with no action modification. It would be awesome for an '06

wyosam

WKR
The improvement is allowing a 3.5+ COL with no action modification. It would be awesome for an '06

That is worthwhile if you need it I suppose. Would drive me nuts to carry though. Plenty of shorter cases out there that work great in Tikkas.