Ultralight Ultralight Rifles

Dukhtr3

FNG
Well I got my rifle together and tried to go shoot it, but it's not feeding or shooting properly.

Feeding - it gets stuck about a CM after engaging the back of the casing. Won't push it up thru the feed ramp. I'm having to drop a round into the barrel to load.

Shooting - the bolt will not go all the way forward with a round chambered. It gets stopped a few mm from the end. Then when you pull the trigger, the trigger goes off, but the firing pin doesn't strike the primer at all.

Do the bolt or the bolt internals need to be lubed/greased?

I just put mine together and went to shoot today and I also had the same problem with the shooting. I could only get a few rounds to shoot. I thought it may be my lower but I didn't have another with me to try. I was also getting no primer strike too. I doubt it's the lower but I want to try a different lower to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
I was trying to shoot some factory 55gr ball ammo and black hills 77gr tmk, so that's probably not the issue. I managed it get a couple to shoot, but couldn't reproduce it consistently.

So for the feeding, did you remove the barrel from the upper or do it while attached?
Yes, remove the barrel from the upper.

Are you using the bolt that came with the solo? I'm wondering if you’re getting stuck pushing the extractor over the rim? If it's a solo bolt they should have already removed the o-ring and rubber plunger to make that easier. I can only think of that or too little headspace.

What happens if you place a round or piece of brass in the chamber and slap the bolt forward? Does it go into battery, and if so, is extraction easy?

If headspace is too tight it will probably be difficult to extract. If it extracts easily, it's likely something with your extractor.

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
I just put mine together and went to shoot today and I also had the same problem with the shooting. I could only get a few rounds to shoot. I thought it may be my lower but I didn't have another with me to try. I was also getting no primer strike too. I doubt it's the lower but I want to try a different lower to confirm.

No primer strike is likely from not being fully in battery. I'm not sure why that would be happening though.

gtriple

WKR

Is yours getting stuck in the same spot as mine?

Which barrel do you haveM

Dukhtr3

FNG
Is yours getting stuck in the same spot as mine?

Which barrel do you haveM
I am not sure how far it was stuck open. I loaded it on the bench and It is completely closing but I won't be able to shoot until next weekend. I was shooting reloads so I will also have to bring some factory ammo to try. I am running the bear creak barrel.

Taudisio

WKR
I remember having to be really rough with mine at first as well. Both rifles definitely loosened up over time. AR’s can be so hard to diagnose over the internet. I would just blast 55gr bullets for the first 50 or so and be really forceful with the rifle to see if that helps. Sounds it could be a mag problem as well, and/or extractor like said above.

Sadler

WKR
This one is a little heavier at 4lbs 12oz but have any of you guys shot one of these? I’m wanting a lightweight 6ARC SBR/Pistol and this is the lightest one I’ve found.

The Guide

WKR
This one is a little heavier at 4lbs 12oz but have any of you guys shot one of these? I’m wanting a lightweight 6ARC SBR/Pistol and this is the lightest one I’ve found.
$3k is a little tough to swallow unless it ran flawlessly with a suppressor and without. Personality I'd do a 16" 6GT Ultra Light Tikka build before I fussed with that gun.

Jay