Ultralight Ultralight Rifles

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
Do you know what the ID of the Wiland hand guard is? Wondering if it will work for a gas system or only with it removed.
Haven't handled a Wiland specifically, but none of the PCC specific handguards have provisions for running a gas tube, not that I've ever seen, anyway.

There's nowhere to run a tube inside and through the barrel nut, and the receiver port for the gas tube is often partially blocked by the barrel nut/handguard itself.

I did see an example of a tube run on the outside of a Kaw Valley PCC tube and wrapped in some sort of nomex or something, but that looked like a very poor solution. Not sure how the tube dropped back into the upper.

...Or, I might be completely incorrect on the Wiland! ...I'd like Robtattoo to confirm the possibility 😅

Last edited:

PistolPete

Lil-Rokslider
I watched on review where a guy, kind of, tortured one. It was enough that I bought the 5x. I have had no issues with mine, but it hasn’t been abused like the regular scope test reviews. I haven’t babied it either and have roughly 900 rounds while looking through it. Is it the best optic? No. Is it the best in its size and weight class? I believe so. They are also 13% off today with code TAKE13

If anyone is going to purchase a PA sight, I've got some bucks expiring that I'll cut you a deal on...

Anyone want to post a link of the hogue 15 degree lightweight grip? I’ve had no luck locating on Midway or PSA.
Weighed a tango down at 2.4 oz and an Ergo 25 degree at 2.9 oz.
I much prefer less grip angle

OP
T

Thegman

WKR
Any news from Shaw on a run of .223 Wylde barrels with no gas port?
The last time I spoke to them was, I think, August. Sounded like they were close then so not sure why it's not up yet. Could be they're just extremely busy with making barrels in general (?).

I'd keep checking with them and letting them know you're waiting. Could be a case of the squeaky wheel getting the barrel. I guess the glass-half-full view is that it's happening at all which is in part thanks to you guys giving them input. Probably the more they hear from people the better.

Bevo

FNG
The last time I spoke to them was, I think, August. Sounded like they were close then so not sure why it's not up yet. Could be they're just extremely busy with making barrels in general (?).

I'd keep checking with them and letting them know you're waiting. Could be a case of the squeaky wheel getting the barrel. I guess the glass-half-full view is that it's happening at all which is in part thanks to you guys giving them input. Probably the more they hear from people the better.
OK, I emailed them about it. Thx.