Ultralight Rear Bag

TheCougar

WKR
Try it in a different bag before you empty your game changer.

A bag of cloth is nothing like a bag of fill. Honestly, just get a cheap zipper bag from the dollar store or Walmart.
I like the shape of the Gamechanger. Someone on here recommended the UM Molinator, which I may do instead. I have a shmedium GC, and it’s not heavy but it’s also not light.

TheCougar

WKR
I find this is the difference, if shooters have had experience with the versatility of a good bag, it can replace the bipod. And, the other is as @Lawnboi said having a bag makes confidence higher as it becomes part of shooting in every situation to improve stability.

Then, the weight of the bag as part of the rifle system is no more than a guy who uses a bipod and jet boil.

TheCougar

WKR
There are lots of good options out there. I agree that Git Lite is the bomb. We use it in a lot of bags.

For the ultralight stuff, we are using a more expensive but much better fill than the typical stuff we have seen in other bags. It doesn’t compress down like the white beads do. It is lighter too.

It’s one reason our ultralight bag is —2.5 ounces—filled.

We really do appreciate our Roksliders, so you can always save 10% with code: rokslide10 at www.lswild.com.
@Lawnboi

Are either of you familiar with spexlite and the different flavors of it compared to Gitlite? I love my shmedium GC, but want something with a similar shape but lighter and smaller. Options are a pint size GC - only saves a little weight, get a Molinator (trying to avoid spending another $100), or fill my GC with Spexlite for about $30.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
@Lawnboi

Are either of you familiar with spexlite and the different flavors of it compared to Gitlite? I love my shmedium GC, but want something with a similar shape but lighter and smaller. Options are a pint size GC - only saves a little weight, get a Molinator (trying to avoid spending another $100), or fill my GC with Spexlite for about $30.
I order and use fill from Spexlite and Git-lite.

DM me and I will ship you one of our Waxed Mini and fill it with the ultralight. It will be very light and have the shape like the Molinar, that we have been using for many years.

I have tested the ultralight stuff in the shaped bags, but the shape isn’t very useful in my opinion after it is filled with the fluffy stuff.

I will be curious about you testing it for me. If you like it, you can buy it half off. If not, send it back with feedback. I will provide shipping labels.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU

TheCougar

WKR
Holy geez. That’s money. I called UM and they said they were sold out for 4-6 weeks.

Lawnboi

WKR
@Lawnboi

No experience with the spexlite.

The pint sized is a smaller lighter schmedium, it does everything almost as good, and has adjustable fill, which I appreciate.

Havnt used the molinator, but being it’s pretty much a game changer, and is that light, I suspect it’s filled with foam beads, of which I’m not a fan. Git lite is the only light fill I have cared for thus far.

Get some spexlite, and report back. The new pint sized has a fill spout.

Personally I think there’s a place for a pint sized and a schmedium on my pack.

The ls wild mini waxed can’t remember what it’s called is okay too, much smaller and lighter than the pint sized, accomplishes similar but not quite as effectively imo. I wasn’t the biggest fan, but now that the waxed canvas has broken in, it’s not too bad.

fishslap

WKR
I have the lobos triple s pillow from lswild (thunderbird long range). It’s now standard when I’m hunting muleys. Great rear rest when using a spartan precision bipod on the front. Incredibly light, and I can leave my thermarest z seat at home. If I’m backpacking and sleeping in my SO silex, I use it as a seat there also. I’ve also used it as a pillow before. Buy one.
IMG_8370.jpeg

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have the lobos triple s pillow from lswild (thunderbird long range). It’s now standard when I’m hunting muleys. Great rear rest when using a spartan precision bipod on the front. Incredibly light, and I can leave my thermarest z seat at home. If I’m backpacking and sleeping in my SO silex, I use it as a seat there also. I’ve also used it as a pillow before. Buy one.
View attachment 614979
I think I’ll get one of those.

TheCougar

WKR
View attachment 614979
What’s it weigh?

The Guide

WKR
Are these in-stock or is this a pre-order?

Edit... ordered and looking forward to having a second one in the RokSlide colors. The first one I ordered from Jake already has a kill on it an hour after it was delivered!

Jay

Last edited:

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We have been loving the orders from Rokslide, and seeing our gear getting used.

So, we are running a Flash Sale to tempt more to try our 2-5 Ultralight Rear Bag before the end of hunting season. There is a $15 coupon off of the regular price. ULflash15

Click here to check it out our 2.5 ounce ultralight rear bag

Try it risk free. We guarantee all Roksliders will love our products. If it doesn't fit with your gear load out, or you don't like it, return it for a full refund. After the hunt, whenever. No conditions, we just ask for feedback why.

The $15 coupon code for the 2-5 Ultralight Rear Bag is good until Sunday October 22, 2023.

I can't get coupons to stack in our online store, so if you want to buy more than the 2-5 Ultralight, PM me and I'll get you a custom code so you can save the $15 off the 2-5 UL, plus the Rokslide 10% off everything else. Just let me know what items you want and I'll calculate the lowest price for it all.