Ultralight double wall shelter thoughts?

I have no personal experience with 2P but I’ve heard foot print is huge. I can imagine it is because 1P isn’t small…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huge inside, not bad outside. 100" x 83" with 33 ft² floor space. For context Big Agnes Copper Spur UL2 is "98 x 88" with 29 ft² floor space. I own both. I'd take my 2P.

20220112_093248.jpg
20211102_175012.jpg

Last edited:

SwiftShot

WKR
I am kind of in the same boat right now looking for something similar. I am thinking

SUMMIT REFUGE 3.​

I can go just outer shell, or full tent with bug liner ect plus stove as an option. Really makes it pretty good. It is not a real 3 man unless you are small. But I can go 2 people with stove and gear. Total weight is just over 2 lbs. So I can go about 5 lbs with a super ultra light stove. Hell even at 6 lbs with stove and liner that is insane. https://www.kuiu.com/collections/summit-refuge-3-person-backpacking-tent-3-season-tent

KnuckleChild

Lil-Rokslider
I am kind of in the same boat right now looking for something similar. I am thinking

SUMMIT REFUGE 3.​

I can go just outer shell, or full tent with bug liner ect plus stove as an option. Really makes it pretty good. It is not a real 3 man unless you are small. But I can go 2 people with stove and gear. Total weight is just over 2 lbs. So I can go about 5 lbs with a super ultra light stove. Hell even at 6 lbs with stove and liner that is insane. https://www.kuiu.com/collections/summit-refuge-3-person-backpacking-tent-3-season-tent
Man it may just be me, but I’d be hard pressed to buy a backpacking tent from a hunting clothing company.

I like the space in my SS2 for solo hunts so I can keep all my gear inside. At 3.5lbs it's a comfy shelter. I can handle prolonged stints of bad weather in it. I got mine when they were made in the USA, still in great shape. I'm a big boy.

P1010866.JPG

Last edited: