Ultra Light compact chair for public land hunting

do you usually have a tree you can use, or do you need a free-standing chair?

If you have trees available, you can make a nice tree seat out of a piece of plywood and a rope.

Google Torges tree seat.

After seeing everyone’s recommendations there were a lot of things I liked about each one. It helped me figure out the features that I wanted most so I appreciate all of the input. I decided that I really wanted something that also swiveled so I ended up ordering this chair that I found on Amazon:

Lightspeed Outdoors Silent Swivel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BW36SGW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I already received it and I really like it.

Price was $65 so it was cheaper than some of the other smaller lighter high end options but the swivel is why I went this direction.

Only 2.7 lbs- not the most ultralight option out there but anything under about 3 lbs was my goal.

Folds up to around 5”x 14” so it will fit in my pack.

All of the metal was a shiny brushed finish but I bought a can of black spray on Plasti Dip from home depot and coated all of the metal. It looks great and is much quieter now when putting it together or if I accidentally hit something against it.

I think it is rated to 250 lbs but I’m 205 and probably wouldnt push the weight much higher than my weight. The fabric/mesh appears to be well made but the metal is not the most heavy duty indestructible super duty construction but about what I expected for something compact and lightweight.

It is far more comfortable than my other cheap hunting stools/ chairs and the swivel is super quiet. I’ve shot a couple of rounds out of it with my bow and the chair doesnt interfere with my shot and is a good height for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do an internet search for Torges Seat

easy to build yourself. I used to have one with a hinge in the middle to make it more compact. Drilled a few 1" holes in it to make it lighter.

I use a dove stool - back it up against a tree and you are there. The older ones used to be made of aluminum & weigh next to nothing.

Another vote for the Waldrop pack seat. I've attached a separate pack to mine that carries a ghillie suit and whatever else I might need.

After seeing everyone’s recommendations there were a lot of things I liked about each one. It helped me figure out the features that I wanted most so I appreciate all of the input. I decided that I really wanted something that also swiveled so I ended up ordering this chair that I found on Amazon:

Lightspeed Outdoors Silent Swivel... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08BW36SGW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I already received it and I really like it.

Price was $65 so it was cheaper than some of the other smaller lighter high end options but the swivel is why I went this direction.

Only 2.7 lbs- not the most ultralight option out there but anything under about 3 lbs was my goal.

Folds up to around 5”x 14” so it will fit in my pack.

All of the metal was a shiny brushed finish but I bought a can of black spray on Plasti Dip from home depot and coated all of the metal. It looks great and is much quieter now when putting it together or if I accidentally hit something against it.

I think it is rated to 250 lbs but I’m 205 and probably wouldnt push the weight much higher than my weight. The fabric/mesh appears to be well made but the metal is not the most heavy duty indestructible super duty construction but about what I expected for something compact and lightweight.

It is far more comfortable than my other cheap hunting stools/ chairs and the swivel is super quiet. I’ve shot a couple of rounds out of it with my bow and the chair doesnt interfere with my shot and is a good height for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how has this held up for you?

I have used a waterfowl marsh seat before. It is just a pole with a swivel seat on it. I just made sure to lubricate where it swiveled at so it would not squeak.

i just use a fold up stool. light weight and easy to carry. fairly comfy to sit on. i think they were less than $10 at wally world. shot my buck last year with my bow from the ground on a folding stool.

Back