Two parter, Browning X Bolt and Round Choice

gman82001

WKR
If you’re worried about the ammo availability like I was 7mag xbolt hells canon long range…. Absolutely love that rifle

svivian

WKR
Lol goes to Reddit and can’t find the answers he wants…. Comes to forum with same questions… argues with everyone.

What’s that saying about if you run in to one asshole he probably was an asshole…. But if everyone you run into is an asshole…

Good luck op, go with the .338 lapua and get all that energy you need bruh

Edit: also regardless of caliber please limit yourself to 300 yards and in… something tells me that would be a good idea for you.

I said what I was looking for in my original post.
I would go 7 PRC, I always opt for less recoil so of the two id go in that direction. i have a 7mag i will eventually rebarrel to 7prc. I think the new browning x bolt 2 stocks are worth the upgrade. did you see this review? they look promising. https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/browning-x-bolt-2-speed-7-prc-field-evaluation.356804/

they have a suppressor ready version too if you want short and threaded. if you can orderammo online too that push me towards 7 prc. the factory federal eldx has beeter speeds and consistency and easier to get online. if you cant order online id do my due diligence at my local sporting goods store.

Lol goes to Reddit and can’t find the answers he wants…. Comes to forum with same questions… argues with everyone.

What’s that saying about if you run in to one asshole he probably was an asshole…. But if everyone you run into is an asshole…

Edit: also regardless of caliber please limit yourself to 300 yards and in… something tells me that would be a good idea for you.
He sure ran into a bunch of assholes in this thread. The man asked about two specific guns. He read the other threads. He chose something different.

fwafwow

WKR
Sometimes narrow questions lead to narrow answers. Anyone who tries to tease that out is an a-hole?

7PRC vs 300WM - meh. Plenty of threads on that or similar comparisons. OP, if you seem focused on energy and drop, I'd compare the two ballistics tables and make up your mind. No one is going to tell you something on that comparison that you can't see yourself. I haven't looked on ammoseek.com for either cartridge, but it would tell you more about availability than anyone here can. And I'd bet both are more widely available than the SAUM.

I can't comment on the X-bolts from personal experience, but some of those distinctions seem like analysis paralysis. And I'm not throwing stones - I live there. Just pick a setup that fits in what you want to spend and move on. You won't be too wrong - at least within the parameters you have decided upon.

schmalzy

WKR
Ok two part one sort of feeds into another. Been on REDDIT and got no help, except for everything I was asking about.

First off 7PRC or 300WINMAG? I see 7PRC has slightly better ballistics, I dont know enough to write home about but is better with less recoil and the gun weighs slightly less with a shorter barrel. However ammo accessibility is really important and to a certain extent price. I had a 300SAUM and is virtually impossible to find. Been hunting with a 300WSM, however finding that is almost as bad, and the ammo I put into the gun hasn't been in stores for 2 years. So with that being said the PRC being out a year or two, I dont think anybody can know which way it goes. So really leaning towards the 300 Winmag.

Next is gun. Getting an Xbolt, but there are so many options. One there is the mountain version, just not sure Im getting a whole lot more for grand. After that is the Xbolt 2 a must after the Xbolt? After that, there is the speed, the speed long range, and the sporter. I like sporter as the barrel is shorter like 22 or 24in, however range matters to me. Also is the recoil hawg worth it over the 360 brake. See some people complaining about gas back in the face on the recoil hawg.

For a little context this is for my out west gun. weight and length somewhat matters but not a first priority over accuracy. We routinely are shooting deer from 3-500yards. Comfortable range right now for me is probably up to 700. Wouldnt mind working my way up to 1000 at some point.

No im not reloading, no Im not finding 5k worth of ammo and stocking up. Want to keep it to these two options.

Only relevant comment I have after everyone else’s thoughts is that by going with a 22” barrel you’d be robbing the 300WM of a decent amount of speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robobiss

Lil-Rokslider

I actually have a Noreen 50 BMG that might need to find a new owner soon if op is interested. 8lber of powder too