Turkey gun for backpacking

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Thanks guys. I stopped by Scheels in Colorado Saturday and didn’t see the Rossi Tuffy. But….they had the Benelli ultralight in 20 gauge so I grabbed it. Scheels had a turkey choke for it and some shells. I might take it out tomorrow evening, shoot some paper then go for a hike. Thanks for all of the recommendations. If I see the tuffy I might put hands on it to.

WKR
This thread has me eyeing an Iver Johnson IJ700 20 gauge. 18" barreled, folding, 4.75lb, single-shot with removable chokes for under $200 new. I'm going to be looking for a youth model with the 1" shorter stock.

Last edited:
Looking for recommendations on a lightweight shotgun for turkey when covering lots of miles in difficult terrain. I do a lot of hiking in the spring and run into turkeys on occasion but they’re impossible to pattern on the Colorado public land I’m on. I’d like to keep a shotgun with me when the season’s open. Collapsible would be good but not mandatory. Thought?
Mossberg sa-28 turkey that just released. Already killed 3 with it. Compact and light