Turkey at Standing Rock

jdyansick

FNG
So I had a couple friends go to Standing Rock reservation a few years ago and had success for Merriam. Anybody else out there get the res tag and try it out?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

KurtR

WKR
So I had a couple friends go to Standing Rock reservation a few years ago and had success for Merriam. Anybody else out there get the res tag and try it out?

i just get a state tag if i want one but i live here. From what i have heard numbers are down a fair amount from a few years back. I would rather go to the black hills and hunt them any way.

KurtR

WKR
So stick with the south west area of the state? @KurtR

not that i am a turkey expert but i would say yes. i spend most my spring chasing snow geese but a couple of my friends are turkey guys and they go to the hills to hunt

Used to be better.... wait for it.... we when we could use rifles.... yes many hate it but I enjoyed low power small cartridge spot and stalk turkeys. Never shot 1 over 50yds and I know people don't like it, but I do still feel like it was a rule change forced in by "real" turkey hunters under the cloak of safety. Any way.. pine Ridge res is a great place to go.