Tuning VTM34-- Shim too skinny?

Archerichards

Lil-Rokslider
Been tuning my VTM 34. Shooting 525 grain Airstrike 250s with 67lbs and 31"DL. Right-handed shooter with bow in my left hand.

After a good bit of work I got a pretty good tune (bare shafts and fletched in repeatable roughly 2-3" groups at 30 yards), but did so with both cams shimmed far right. Rest is just a wee bit left of center but about ¾" from riser. I used a .175" and .025" shim both top and bottom.

Q-- Should I be worried about too much cam lean or a potential de-rail with this skinny shim setup?

If you're using Hoyt shims on a Hoyt bow, I wouldn't be worried about causing a derail.

If you are worried, you could try shimming your cams back to the left a bit then adjusting rest windage as needed. Hoyt gives a pretty generous recommended centershot range (5/8" to 1"), so you have some space to move and still stay within "spec". If your bow is tuned now, shimming cams to the left should induce nock right flight, which you would then correct by moving your rest to the left (away from the riser).