Tundra worth

Bluumoon

WKR
Turns out I'm the executor of my Dad's estate and need to sell some vehicles. Dad's ex would like to purchase this truck, but he would roll over in his grave if I gave her a 10 cent discount. Have checked the Google machine and Ebay, but figured I'd ask you guys as well as KBB and Ebay prices are wildly different.

Truck is a 2000 Tundra SR5 extra cab v8 2wd. Just under 100k miles, Southern garage kept truck maintained by a very particular individual ie regular washes/wax/oil changes/ seat covers since new etc. I just drove it from NC to CO without a single hickup. If it was 4wd I'd sell my Tundra and keep this one.

What's she worth? I'm thinking between $10-15k ?

Tmac

WKR
If you don’t get much here, you might try asking on the Tundras.com forum. There is a separate Gen 1 group and they are very plugged in to values. I do know they are prone to frame rust, but it sounds like this one should be OK.

MattB

WKR
you should be able to use KBB’s website to get a much more accurate value than asking here in just a few minutes.

Does EBay give a list of prices on sold vehicles or just those for sale? If the latter, ignore that. There are beanie babies that can be bought for $10 offered for sale for $1,300.

7mm-08

WKR
That sounds like a very nice truck. What I can say is that prices on first generation Tundras vary wildly. The west coast market (especially Portland and Seattle) is very robust. I agree with one sentiment expressed above that 4-wheel drive adds substantial value to trucks. You can figure out value with a little work on CARFAX.

elkliver

Lil-Rokslider
without 4wheel drive.... 6K? it has good mileage but is still a 23 year old 2WD truck.

With 4 wheel drive.... 10K? maybe more with that low of mileage Do a search on Facebook Market place and see what they are listing for. knock off 15% for negotiating and will get you a ball park

amassi

WKR
Man if you price that in Southern California or Arizona you’d get a premium. Them desert boys have an affinity for pre runner 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

Bluumoon

WKR
Man if you price that in Southern California or Arizona you’d get a premium. Them desert boys have an affinity for pre runner 2wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m 6hrs from PHX

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

I’ll check on the Tundra website.

6k seems really low for a vehicle (especially a Toyota) this nice, that was the KBB price.

If only he had bought it as a 4wd…

McCrapper

Lil-Rokslider
6k for that miles is not enough. Anything less than 10k would be doing a disservice to dad without testing the open market first especially if its had a new timing belt recently.

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
$5400 low retail
$8950 Average
$13,500 High

This is from NADA

Blacktocomm

Lil-Rokslider
If you are looking to sell if it is in great shape and under 100k miles Bringatrailer would be the best place to list it. Looks like between 11k to 15k is about what comparable models have been selling for in the past year.

mb6355

Lil-Rokslider
Like mentioned above, none of car value sites are going to be accurate. A lot of people are looking for these trucks and they are not making anymore of them. I have a 2006 DC 4wd I bought new and not much I would consider trading it for. For a hunting truck it is tough to beat.