New Vehicle

Clarktar

WKR
Just bought the Sequioa. Wife's happy, I'm happy. 2005 limited 110k miles. Well maintained....
9899219b3075e087974ee21139800048.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR
We had an outback for 4 years, I hated that piece of shit within months..

Love my Taco's though.

LandYacht

WKR
We had an outback for 4 years, I hated that piece of shit within months..

Love my Taco's though.

Totally opposite experience for me. We loved our Outback. Goes to show how different people are. We'd still be rocking that car except we have more butts than it had seats sadly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stratofisher

Lil-Rokslider
You will be happy with the Sequioa other than at the pump. We just crossed 168k with ours and only minor maintenance. I am looking at the Toyota Highlander as a new daily driver with a little bit better gas mileage. Definitely a Toyota fan.

My '99 Ram pick-up was retired recently (after over 15 yrs) for another Ram. I was all prepared to purchase a new '17 Power Wagon until I did my homework and ended up buying a slightly used '14 Laramie Ltd with ecodeisel (up to 30MPG) instead. Put some coin into it and transformed it into what I wanted.

Even with the added weight it still averages 19-23MPG...nice to go 500+ miles before refueling on a 26 gal tank. Can burn rubber from a dead stop too. I'm please so far.

Bought it like this:

What it looks like now:

Put a BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover on it last weekend so I can lock up the bed.

My rationale has always been to buy a used truck. You save money and won't be afraid to use like a wheel barrel (which it is). Every little ding and scratch will bug you if you buy a new one...this I can take offraod without worry.

I added a BDS 6" lift with power steps for greater clearance and HID headlights with LEDs in the bumper for offroading:

[video=youtube;0-jNhzTS9cY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-jNhzTS9cY[/video]

I gotta tuck in the side mirrors in the tighter spots but it handles the backcountry just fine.

[video=youtube;q_ijoCm5AoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ijoCm5AoI[/video]

Consider getting a used vehicle and use the savings to customize it. The ecodeisel rocks! Even when towing a large heavy trailer I averaged 17MPG.

Last edited:

MtnOyster

WKR
Suv........i found a gmc yukon denali XL fully loaded 2002 model 4 years ago with 120k miles an older couple had for $9500 WITH A 6.0 in it, i bought it just to hunt and fish and goof off in for the power plus its AWD but we use it for trips and my wife always drives it when it rains or snows so she dont get her car wet or dirty, i figured the fuel milage would suck with a 6.0 but it gets 14-16 mpg around home and 16-18 on the road, in the last 4 years its been to florida 4 times, houston TX, NewOrleans, and colorado almost into utah and the only thing i've done to it is put plugs and wires on it, fixing to put new brakes on it, we love the thing, it will generally get around 430 miles on a tank of gas a whole lot better than the 2008 Duramax i drive , 300 miles on a tank. if your looking for a suv i'd suggest looking for a full size for the room, Oh and i'd try to stay 2001 -2007 if you buy GM, 2008 and new is when lots of electronics changed for them, DPF for diesel engines have killed them and V8's cutting back and running on 4cylinders have been a terrible issue.

MtnOyster

WKR
What do you have in that thing.......a 15 gal tank?

haha........... thats what i thought when i bought it but i think it has a 26 gallon tank, its also a 2008 and thanks to Obama the 2007 1/2 and newer came out with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) witch in the earlier models like i have killed the fuel milage on those diesels, i think the newer ones get quite a bit better milage so do the earlier before 2007 1/2 but i use it farming because of the power and tow load, thinking about driving it to yalls neck of the woods next fall but i'd have to stop a dozen times one way to get there!!! LOL!

dotman

WKR
My '99 Ram pick-up was retired recently (after over 15 yrs) for another Ram. I was all prepared to purchase a new '17 Power Wagon until I did my homework and ended up buying a slightly used '14 Laramie Ltd with ecodeisel (up to 30MPG) instead. Put some coin into it and transformed it into what I wanted.

Even with the added weight it still averages 19-23MPG...nice to go 500+ miles before refueling on a 26 gal tank. Can burn rubber from a dead stop too. I'm please so far.

Bought it like this:

What it looks like now:

Put a BAKFlip MX4 tonneau cover on it last weekend so I can lock up the bed.

My rationale has always been to buy a used truck. You save money and won't be afraid to use like a wheel barrel (which it is). Every little ding and scratch will bug you if you buy a new one...this I can take offraod without worry.

I added a BDS 6" lift with power steps for greater clearance and HID headlights with LEDs in the bumper for offroading:

[video=youtube;0-jNhzTS9cY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-jNhzTS9cY[/video]

I gotta tuck in the side mirrors in the tighter spots but it handles the backcountry just fine.

[video=youtube;q_ijoCm5AoI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_ijoCm5AoI[/video]

Consider getting a used vehicle and use the savings to customize it. The ecodeisel rocks! Even when towing a large heavy trailer I averaged 17MPG.

The biggest issue with the eco diesel is the actual motor itself, it is very well known that there is a high likely hood the motor will fall apart. I was interested in it until I actually researched it, no way I would get one.

dotman

WKR
Suv........i found a gmc yukon denali XL fully loaded 2002 model 4 years ago with 120k miles an older couple had for $9500 WITH A 6.0 in it, i bought it just to hunt and fish and goof off in for the power plus its AWD but we use it for trips and my wife always drives it when it rains or snows so she dont get her car wet or dirty, i figured the fuel milage would suck with a 6.0 but it gets 14-16 mpg around home and 16-18 on the road, in the last 4 years its been to florida 4 times, houston TX, NewOrleans, and colorado almost into utah and the only thing i've done to it is put plugs and wires on it, fixing to put new brakes on it, we love the thing, it will generally get around 430 miles on a tank of gas a whole lot better than the 2008 Duramax i drive , 300 miles on a tank. if your looking for a suv i'd suggest looking for a full size for the room, Oh and i'd try to stay 2001 -2007 if you buy GM, 2008 and new is when lots of electronics changed for them, DPF for diesel engines have killed them and V8's cutting back and running on 4cylinders have been a terrible issue.

Dang, you have a unicorn, with my 2011 GMC 6.0, I get 10mpg in town and 14.5mpg hwy avg. I can go 430 miles with hwy driving but it has a 32gal tank.

My brothers business has over 40 GM's with the 6.0 all get 14.5 hwy unloaded and 9mpg towing from model year 2002 to 2016. They have only had one that seized a motor, other then the newer ones most have 200k+ and are going strong, one of the most reliable GM power trains out there but they are gas hogs.

Last edited:

elkguide

WKR
Dang, you have a unicorn, with my 2011 GMC 6.0, I get 10mpg in town and 14.5mpg hwy avg. I can go 430 miles with hwy driving but it has a 32gal tank.

My brothers business has over 40 GM's with the 6.0 all get 14.5 hwy unloaded and 9mpg towing from model year 2002 to 2016. They have only had one that seized a motor, other then the newer ones most have 200k+ and are going strong, one of the most reliable GM power trains out there but they are gas hogs.

I just bought a 2500 Denali DuraMax, I hated that 6.0 so much.
Truck was great but the 6.0, while it will run forever, just wasn't a fun motor and got such lousy mileage.

MtnOyster

WKR

that's not the first time I've heard that. I know the 6.0 3/4 tons mostly get 10 mpg but they are geared 4:10 gear ratio (pickup truck) my denali seems to be geared I'm guessing 3:73 fairly high, its pretty good power wise but I've got a 522 ranger boat that gives it a little trouble on steep hills where the duramax doesn't know its behind it, only other time I've seen denali struggle was going over monarch pass this past September with all our gear and a heavy duty cargo basket loaded down on the back, for the most part the 6,0's are bullet proof but I'm sure theirs a nightmare story on some out there somewhere, some friends of mine have the suburban with the 5.3 08 and newer that cut back to 4cylinder on the hwy and all have started using oil like crazy after 80k miles.

Carl

FNG
I have an 01 frontier 4x4 manual with the 3.3 v6 with 290k, original motor. I have also owned multiple 3.slow Toyotas and a Tacoma, and my business partner owns a 15 taco 4 cylinder 5 speed. My Nissan has more power and will it drive his 15. I absolutely love the Nissan. That being said, if I were looking at a newer 1/2 ton or smaller, it would either be a 1/2 ton ram eco diesel, or the Colorado with the Duramax.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Titan_Bow

WKR
I had driven pickup trucks my whole life until a few years ago, but now I am not sure Id ever buy one again unless I got horses or a fifth-wheel or something that really called for it. I traded in my full size 2 years ago for a slightly used Nissan Xterra Pro-4X. I love being able to take out the back seats and make a completely flat internal space. With an air pad/mattress, I am sleeping in total enclosed comfort. Also, it affords alot of protected, locked storage, no longer fears of someone stealing something out of the back of my truck. I recently picked up a small military surplus trailer at a government auction, so now if I really need a full size truck bed, I can pull that behind my X

haha........... thats what i thought when i bought it but i think it has a 26 gallon tank, its also a 2008 and thanks to Obama the 2007 1/2 and newer came out with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) witch in the earlier models like i have killed the fuel milage on those diesels, i think the newer ones get quite a bit better milage so do the earlier before 2007 1/2 but i use it farming because of the power and tow load, thinking about driving it to yalls neck of the woods next fall but i'd have to stop a dozen times one way to get there!!! LOL!

Delete that thing and get a good tune for it. I would not put up with that terrible mileage.