Truly quiet rain gear?

BobDog

FNG
Disregarding all other attributes, what is the quietest rain gear you've found? It is so hard to tell what the materials are like on most of these products without actually trying them on in person. Help save me from more ordering and returns...

Boltgun

FNG
Disregarding ALL other attributes? Cotton sweatpants.

If you still want it to be dry though, First Lite used to make rain gear in a level between their Stormlight and Vapor Ultralight that is perfect. Waterproof and very quiet. No idea why they discontinued it.

Man…. I’m in them same boat as you. I’ve found that there isn’t really any rain gear that will be silent. Most of the time in the rain you won’t need it to be that quiet while hunting. One thing I’ve considered is just treating my soft shell with DWR coating and maintaining that and keeping the rain gear in my pack until I absolutely need it.

Helly Impertech and Cabela's MT050 is likely as quiet as you can get for rainwear. I haven't tried any of the pricey hunting brands though.

OP
BobDog

BobDog

FNG
Disregarding ALL other attributes? Cotton sweatpants.

If you still want it to be dry though, First Lite used to make rain gear in a level between their Stormlight and Vapor Ultralight that is perfect. Waterproof and very quiet. No idea why they discontinued it.
I guess I should have specified that I want to be somewhat dry 😂

OP
BobDog

BobDog

FNG
Thanks everyone. I'll try some of these out with upcoming black friday sales.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
subscribed!

Not really "rain gear" but Kryptek's vellus can take some rain. At some point it would be ridiculous heavy, but it does meet the Quiet criteria

sneaky

"DADDY"
Most "quiet" rain gear isn't really rain gear. Face fabric wets out and retains water, that then soaks through. You'd be better off just wearing wool at that point. Truly effective rain gear has noise, but rain is noisy, so it's a wash (pun intended).

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

With an average of 10 feet of annual rainfall in SE Alaska, no typo, I’ve had good luck with the Kuiu Yukon set and this year I got to try out the First Lite Omen set, it held up solid as well. If you wanted real feedback on rain gear this is the place to test it. Both sets have been quiet for me as well. Highly recommend both sets.

- Tyrel