Truck bed cover

RyanT26

WKR
I would like to pick up some type of retractable or trifold bed cover for my pick up this year. Seems like most start out around $1,000 and up.
No soft covers. Want something that provides some security.
What do you have, what do you like, any good places to buy or lesser known models that are good value?

schmalzy

WKR
Fairly happy with my retrax. Very little water entry at tailgate seal. Looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoneStar

Lil-Rokslider
I also have the Retrax. I like everything about it, but it takes up about 12"x12" of the top front of the bed. Make sure that you look at this prior to purchasing.

schmalzy

WKR
I also have the Retrax. I like everything about it, but it takes up about 12"x12" of the top front of the bed. Make sure that you look at this prior to purchasing.

Good point. I had one on a half ton with short bed and it took up too much space. Now have a 3/4 ton with 6’8” bed and feel like it’s perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gseith

WKR
Put a diamondback on my truck a year ago, and I really like it. Knowing everything is secure and will stay dry is great.
Hauling firewood is a pain now, but I’ve figured out a good system.

Seth

WKR
I just installed Retrax this morning and super happy, so far. My buddy has had his for 3 years now with no issues and still looks good.

I have the the aluminum retrax with the rails, only issue is the latch can freeze up but it's not a huge deal. I like it a lot.

wnelson14

WKR
Pace Edwards ultragroove. Water tight haven’t had issues in 4 years just got another for my work vehicle. No lock to worry about if your tailgate locks, I can’t stand the top keyed knob on most. Also comes in a full metal version for more security.

tony

WKR
Diamond Back SE with an 8" cross bin on my ranger
Made in the US with a LT warranty
Super secure, like you would need a crowbar and some time to get into it. With the locks set right, there's no smash and grab with the DB.
Real good water resistance.

Question is, what model truck you putting it on. Small truck is a real pain in the ass. The DB has a cross bar that the lids mount on. You can take the lids off, but you are left with the cross bar. That might be fine on a 6.5 or 8 foot bed. My 5 foot ranger, I'm not hauling much in that bed with the bar in place. Yeah you can remove the whole thing, again a PITA. And no way I'd haul a ATV on this cover like DB says you can. That looks so top heavy its not funny.

Do I hate it? Not at all, just know what your getting. If I had to do it again, I would have bought a cheaper tri fold. I had an extang or something like that on my f150. It was pretty decent, secure and held the water out pretty good. Big reason on a small truck, I can remove the cover myself and put it back on myself.

colersu22

WKR
My truck came with an extang encore and I didn’t have any issues with water and it is lockable plus easy to completely remove when the whole bed is needed. I did like how it was a hard trifold and had the factory truck key to lock and unlock it. I wanted a canopy so have it to a buddy with the same truck and he has had it on for about a year and a half and no issues. Amazon shows them at about $1000.

2five7

WKR
BAK Revolver X4 has been awesome for me. Didn't want a trifold cover, since they block view of the gooseneck or 5th wheel hitch.

Had an issue with my first one, the felt was falling off the bottom side of the cover. Contacted their CS, they sent me a brand new one with the updated design, no cost, just had to email a pic of the problem.

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a Diamondback on my f150 for a year. Overall it’s great and I’m very happy with it. There are some things that are less convenient to haul but I’ve never wished that I picked something different. One of my favorite things about it is the ability to just strap stuff to the top if it’s too big or if the bed is full and not worry about it breaking. It’s also really nice to be able to keep things like suitcases clean and dry in the back. It’s been bomb proof and I haven’t had to do anything to it since I installed it. I’m happy with mine, I would get another

crich

WKR
Overall I like my retrax xr. The canister in the front is a necessary annoyance and mine leaks water around the edges like crazy. It also freezes shut in the winter which I dont like.

BakFlip is perfect for me. Just hauled a pallet of top soil last night and had no problem flipping it all the way to the back window and took about 15 seconds. Has survived a bout 4 Hailstorms and unless you are looking at an angle with a flashlight you can't even tell. Once you close the tailgate it is secure, sure if you gave a guy a pry bar and some time they could get into it the same as a diamondback. Only thing that you have to watch out for is check items like ice chests to make sure the height fits. Goodluck finding what works for you

BOGART08

FNG
Plus 1 on the Diamondback, had mine for a few years now, no issues.......Look forward to getting another when I upgrade my vehicle.