Truck bed cover preference

zacattack

WKR
Got a new Tacoma and, need to put a bed cover on. Mainly to keep crap from getting wet and flying out the back. I realize that they won’t stop a halfway determined thief. Anyhow what do y’all like? I’ve had a soft tonneau cover in the past, and it was okay, but I kind of hated dealing with it and snow. Thinking of getting a hard cover this time. Any ones y’all recommend?

Undercover. Or get a roll-n-lock. It’s hard can stand on it. But rolls in and you have your bed space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

isu22andy

WKR
Id get a roll top one . Think mines an Access Lorado . Cant imagine having a hard one and everytime you want to haul something like a dresser or dirt bike taking it off and on . Mine works for what I need . Have had them on my last 2 work trucks . No complaints .

Have an Extang solid fold, on both a Tundra and Tacoma. Love them. But as others stated the down fall is they must be fully removed to utilize the complete truck box.

Ranger619

WKR
I just put a Lomax tri-fold on my truck. I had an Undercover on my last one. I like that this one can be removed in a few seconds.

Will these work well for carrying kayaks as well?

I have an undercover on mine. I’m pretty sure I could fit a kayak under it with bed down I’ve course. The roll n lock ones shouldn’t be an issue either. Check out the pics. Can put rails on the also. Pace Edwards is another good brand that does same thing also.

Id get a roll top one . Think mines an Access Lorado . Cant imagine having a hard one and everytime you want to haul something like a dresser or dirt bike taking it off and on . Mine works for what I need . Have had them on my last 2 work trucks . No complaints .

Diamondback will hold a atv or utv.

Jimss

WKR
I have a Tundra with a topper. I've lost track of how many nights I've slept in the back. It's great having a mobile, dry, comfortable place to sleep in rain, sleet, hail, and huricane winds! It's also great having a secure place for my hunting gear. There are usually super deals on toppers on Craigslist.

Someone mentioned kayaks? I have a giant Hobie Pro Angler that I often slide in the bed and prop one side with a receiver hitch stand. I've hauled it on several trips to the Great Lakes (1,100 miles) with no problem.

dubllung4

FNG
As others mentioned I could not see myself ever owning another truck without a topper. Kayaks on top, tons of room for gear inside, sleeping on a shelf with gear under. Options are endless. The only downside is you cannot put a quad in the back but I rarely did that anyways because it leaves no room for gear.

I have a Diamondback HD black in my 2019 tacoma. I highly recommend them! Wouldn’t buy any other brand.

NEhunter

WKR
Just bought a cap for my truck. Impatiently waiting for it to come in. Roof racks for our kayaks, warm and dry for the dog, and a place to camp out of were some of the reasons why I went with a full cap.

JWP58

WKR
I suggest you consider a shell/topper. A.R.E, Leer, Jason, are just of the company's that make good ones.

jjh

FNG
I currently have a roll-top tonneau cover. I had a topper on my last truck and it was the best investment for someone who hunts and fishes. I spend a lot of time ice fishing and the topper allowed me to keep all of my equipment in the truck bed all winter.