Trophy room/basement colour

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
What color is the barn wood? some are obviously painted red and distressed, some is brown or gray patina etc. Find one that compliments the barn wood. Light greys, greens, beige etc work well. Obviously avoid anything antler/horn colored.

IMO lighter is always better to make the animals stand out.

9f85134dec58596d547da35918e68765.jpg

Hoping for something similar to this colour of wood combo with some more burnt red wood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WKR
I used a greyish blue color around my beetle kill wall. It would work well with euro mounts I think. I'd try to find a color in your wood wall that is lighter and look for a paint swatch to match it. I'm not an interior designer either so what do I know lol.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I used a greyish blue color around my beetle kill wall. It would work well with euro mounts I think. I'd try to find a color in your wood wall that is lighter and look for a paint swatch to match it. I'm not an interior designer either so what do I know lol.

Looks great. How tall are your ceilings? Im guessing at least 9 ft.

My house is an old 1960s ranch with 8 ft ceilings and it drives us nuts......we are waiting to get a permit pulled to raise the living room to a 13'6" vault, and my "office" to 9 ft.

Agross

WKR
We just did this in our basement recently. The accent wall is split log siding. The rest of the walls are a tan and we had the entire unfinished ceiling painted in a very dark brown. We are very happy with the way it turned out.

Gutshotem

WKR
We just did this in our basement recently. The accent wall is split log siding. The rest of the walls are a tan and we had the entire unfinished ceiling painted in a very dark brown. We are very happy with the way it turned out.
Do you have any photos? I've been throwing around the idea of painting mine flat black like I've seen in some commercial settings, never really gave other colors much thought.

WKR
We sprayed a ceiling flat black a few houses ago in the basement. Looked really good. I think any dark color would look great on an unfinished ceiling.

WKR
Looks great. How tall are your ceilings? Im guessing at least 9 ft.

My house is an old 1960s ranch with 8 ft ceilings and it drives us nuts......we are waiting to get a permit pulled to raise the living room to a 13'6" vault, and my "office" to 9 ft.
Yep, those are 9 foot. Amazing what the extra foot of height does for clearance.

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR

Any pictures?

Agross

WKR
I will get a couple pics later today. We were actually thinking black as well and hadn’t even thought about a different color. The painter that we had do it said black is ok, but has had many people decide they didn’t like it as much as they thought they would. He suggested another darker color to go with the walls. My wife wanted tan walls so dark brown worked good. We didn’t frame in our walls, besides the accent wall, the other walls are just the concrete wall but they were the old school brick form forms and were quite clean so we just painted them .

GreenNDark Timber

Lil-Rokslider

Will look better with a ram up there 🙂

OP
Elite

Elite

WKR
Curious how everyone would set this basement up? We just moved so it is a mess. We are planning to put a fireplace in that alcove but that area seems to small to mount a tv above the fireplace and put couches in there. I am wanting to do one feature wall with a barn wood look. I have 6 deer shoulder mounts and close to 10 euros. I am very indecisive so curious which wall everyone would do the feature wall and set up the tv and couches?

7abf54f1038536b9cdddd9653dbfc6d6.jpg