Trijicon Tenmile 3-18x44mm Field Eval Q&A

SDHNTR

WKR
Do you have the rail on backwards? Have you tried turning the internal turret down more without the cap on it?

Outside of that, call Trijicon.

wnelson14

WKR
Do you have the rail on backwards? Have you tried turning the internal turret down more without the cap on it?

Outside of that, call Trijicon.
Rail is Not backwards and yea I tried, I’ll give them a call Tomorrow

Dobermann

WKR
What was the lowest sale price these dropped to on EuroOptic? Bummed that I missed out
Not sure I've seen them at EO on a super-special - I've only seen the SFPs.

EO has good everyday pricing, and better if you get the LEO/MIL/FR discount.

Clark33

WKR
Rail is Not backwards and yea I tried, I’ll give them a call Tomorrow

You might try just resetting the elevation and windage to middle middle. Basically “factory zero”. Not saying it’ll work but on lesser brands (Leupold) I’ve seen the internals bind up if too much windage or elevation is dialed in. At least worth a try

huntnful

WKR
Tenmile is rock solid. Bounced to shit in the back of a side by side for three days. Shot it at 1100 yards and it was money. Then killed this buck at 180 yards with a bedded frontal shot from a 6 PRC with 108 ELDM at 3260fps. Can not find a single issue with this scope as far a FFP hunting optic. I think I found my scope 👍🏼.

IMG_0091.jpeg

wnelson14

WKR
Let us know when you find a solution.
Called them, I have to confirm that from the bottom of travel I can get 60 MOA travel up, if its less than that there is a problem, he said there can possibly be more travel then advertised but not less.

On a side not previously mounted to this rifle NX8 (Total Travel 110 MOA) and an NXS (Total Elevation Travel of 100 MOA).
Maybe this rifle with the rail and rings I just fall in the down 33-35 MOA from Center, and I only get 30moa down from center with the Tenmile?

leclairk

FNG
Called them, I have to confirm that from the bottom of travel I can get 60 MOA travel up, if its less than that there is a problem, he said there can possibly be more travel then advertised but not less.

On a side not previously mounted to this rifle NX8 (Total Travel 110 MOA) and an NXS (Total Elevation Travel of 100 MOA).
Maybe this rifle with the rail and rings I just fall in the down 33-35 MOA from Center, and I only get 30moa down from center with the Tenmile?
You could be right. That’s the downside to smaller amounts of elevation with a scope. Keep us posted with what you find. I’ve got a Kelbly with a 20MOA integrated rail and I’m considering a Trijicon. With an integrated rail I’d be screwed if I was in your position. At least you can change out the rail.

burris signature xtr rings are another option to get you zeroed, you can use the internal shims to offset opposite of your rail's inclination.
I put a set throught the drop test with my swfa 5-20 last week, they worked fine.

SDHNTR

WKR

That would make some sense, but would also indicate something is wrong with that rail or your rifle’s receiver.

wnelson14

WKR
That would make some sense, but would also indicate something is wrong with that rail or your rifle’s receiver.
Maybe? I don’t know, Nightforce 20moa rail, bedded by LRI, receiver was blueprinted by them as well. Hopefully it’s the scope and not the rifle, but I’ll get it figured out or just put the NXS 2.5-10 back on.

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
You could be right. That’s the downside to smaller amounts of elevation with a scope. Keep us posted with what you find. I’ve got a Kelbly with a 20MOA integrated rail and I’m considering a Trijicon. With an integrated rail I’d be screwed if I was in your position. At least you can change out the rail.

Burris XTR Signature rings.

freddyG

WKR
This is a common problem with using a 20 moa rail, and lower erector travel scopes. Not enough travel to zero at 100 yards.

With both my tenmile's on 20 MOA rails I'm getting about 52-54 usable MOA travel - so for two rifles (Christensen and Seekins) I'm likely within 8 or so MOA from the bottom of the turret travel. Some rings or rails could definitely put you over that I suppose.

sndmn11

WKR
Maybe? I don’t know, Nightforce 20moa rail, bedded by LRI, receiver was blueprinted by them as well. Hopefully it’s the scope and not the rifle, but I’ll get it figured out or just put the NXS 2.5-10 back on.

I bet there's a mathing star out there that could figure out how much forward you need to scoot in in the rings to be whole.

...or back 🤔