Trijicon accupoint 1-6 x 24

Macintosh

WKR
This isnt quite on theme with most of the scopes here, but its come up a number of times so figured Id post, and anyone interested or with relevant experience can chime in.

Just picked up a 1-6 accupoint. Was choosing between the 1-6 credo 2fp, this, and the S&B zenith 1.5-6x42. Chose this mainly for the thicker reticle and always-on dot—Indid not care for the credo reticle options, and the s&b also has a good but thinner reticle. This replaced a 3-9 credo that I liked, but was wishing for a bit more field of view and bolder reticle. I got the green dot/duplex reticle because that was the thickest, boldest option. Mine is mounted on a remington 7600 carbine and will be used pretty exclusively tracking and still hunting in thick timber and brush at point blank range only. Typical range would be 20-50 yards with anything over 100 being a wildly rare exception. For my use the reticle is perfect. As in, they effing nailed it, its much better (ie more visible against a dark and very busy background) than the duplex on the 3-9 credo this replaced, and the always-on dot is pretty cool. Have not had a chance to put it thru its paces yet but initial impression is very good. At 19oz its on the heavy side for such a small scope with capped turrets, which is not ideal but fine for me if it holds up. Eyebox is really great, id say its noticeably better than my 3-9 credo, more forgiving and a bit longer, more like the eyebox on the Leupold VX scopes I’ve owned in the past. Glass seems very crisp. Normally I have to squint an eye but on this scope at 1x I can easily keep both open. I can update when I get some use how it does in lower light at higher magnification—just using it inside in a dimly lit room it seems plenty bright at least in the lower magnifications, so we’ll see. The test will be picking a hole through brush at 6x, at 27 minutes past sunset in a cedar swamp on the north side of a mountain on a cloudy grey day.

Durability—again, will have to see but fingers crossed and banking on trijicons reputation. Not sure dropping it would show much in this platform, as its on a pump rifle not known for exceptional repeatability in the first place, so I think it’d be hard to differentiate whats from the scope and whats the rifle. Its mounted as best as I can on the mandatory weaver rail and in nightforce ul rings, all anchored in paint pen…another experiment. Starting in a few weeks this’ll get dragged around the Adirondacks and Greens for about a month this fall so I’m sure it’ll get handled sufficiently. I will update after some use and if anything seems noteworthy. But, first impression is that this is really pretty perfect for my intended use.