Tricer Bc Tripod Review

Burr_n1ck

FNG
Posted a review on tricer.com first but it's been deleted, so figured I'd give you guys a heads up on here.

Been using the tricer bc this hunting season and not impressed. First I was glassing threw a rain storm and the legs filled completely full of water. Then drained in my pack when I put it away not realizing they were full of water. Now after one bow season the rubber feet are decentigrading. Was expecting a little more from a $340 dollar tripod. Sent a warranty request to see if my seals had failed on the legs, no response. Now I don't know if it's worth even trying to see if the feet are covered. Just stuck with a tripod that's falling apart and not even one season old. 10 year old vortex tripod and 5 year old siuri are holding up to this day. Recommend looking at different brands.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The inverted legs don’t have a “seal” to prevent water from getting in them. Same thing happens with my inverted legs on my Leofoto. It’s a downside of the inverted legs that allow the water to enter the legs.

If you turned a regular type tripod upside down and water dripped down the legs, water would leak into them.

For me, I prefer that possibility as opposed to the problem I have when the adjustments are down close to the dirt, dust, and mud that fills the twist locks and gets inside the legs. There is no water tight seal in those either.

I have had to replace the plastic insert each year with those. I don’t have to with the inverted type because it is away from the ground.

You have a valid complaint not to prefer the design with inverted legs. The inverted leg design is new, so most probably have not dealt with it. I have been running the inverted tripod for a few years now. They take some getting used to. You can either stick with the style that you like or learn to deal with that nuance.

Have any pics of the disintegrating rubber feet? That would be a warranty issue.

I just picked up the Tricer JC, and it looks good to me. Rubber feet look the same as any.

Here is the mechanism. It’s essentially the same as any twist lock tripod leg. Plastic slides that ride on the small leg end. And, if you pay attention, most tripods you can hear the air blow out as you collapse it. Some have a small hole drilled at the top apex to vent, but many/most do not.

IMG_8087.jpeg